Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

{day 21} Whispers of the Heart! :: wave

. .. .... . .... . .... . .. . ... .. .. . .. . .. . ... .. ... . .. 
This past Sunday afternoon... my daughter, Aubrey, and I were in a parade.  The first one for both of us.  We've watched along the sidelines, before, when it was brother's turn (with his cub scouts) but we've never participated in one.

So - this was new!  Aubrey did great and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  My feet however... they. did. NOT!

When we weren't throwing candy we were supposed to do the princess wave! Ahemm.

Well...

Bear with me as I try to share something, with you, that ran through my mind - in reflection afterwards.

On this parade route were nothing but wall-to-wall people... or so it seemed.  Maybe it's my personality... shining through...but, I got a little overwhelmed. I didn't really enjoy being in the limelight, so to speak.  For all of the faces that represented the crowd - I didn't see a single one.  They were all a blur.  No one really stuck out to me.

Unless.  Someone recognized me and called out to me. And, that happened maybe twice, three times, total.  I was glad for this... because, I would never have saw them - had they not said hello, first.  I also didn't like the idea of being "watched"... you know, that feeling?

Anyway.

I got to thinking - how so unlike this must have been for Jesus as he walked through the middle of throngs of people.  Several times over... crowds gathered.

 Somehow, I have a feeling faces were not a blur.  Many times in Scripture we read how Jesus, saw the crowd and had compassion on them.  He loved them! As both a people and as individuals.

I doubt He waved... I don't know.  He may have!  A kind and friendly hello.  A wave - calling for his friends to follow.

If anything.  And, with what we know to be true... is that the crowd(s) waved to him!  Those who were sick, diseased and begging mercy... the crowds who waved their palm branches - acknowledging Him as their King.  Their Healer.  Their Messiah.


Oh Lord... you are so worthy of our praise.  You deserve the highest praise.  May our lives demonstrate a longing to be by your side.  To stand in awe of YOU!  To press in and hear what you have to say and how you want us to live our lives... 

I want to be.  I am ... one of the crowds today.  I need you - Jesus!  I'm weary, and sad, and I hurt.  Please touch me!  Fill me with your presence.  Fill me anew with our spirit and open my eyes to see and love like you do.

How about you?  Where do you stand? Do you enjoy the limelight?  Or, are you a sidelines kind of person, like me?


***
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page, daily, so that you will not miss an entry.

2 comments:

  1. A Sideline person definitely here... I too, would rather just blend in the crowd, and enjoy... I have never been one that liked my photo taken, disliked when a fuss was made over me, such as birthdays, holidays even when I was expecting my children... I will never forget the girls that gave me a shower for Colton, and I dreaded it so much, that I had my boss/friend wheel me into the room and jokingly tell them I was in Labor... I so wanted to go home, but I really had fun.. and was so grateful for all they did for me... when Kylie came along, I was asked if I would like a shower and I respectfully declined and they just gave me a shower in a box... which was wonderful.. I have slowly grown into this pattern because when I was about 9/10 years old, I sang in front of a whole church group several times with my mom and dad... Maybe that is why I shy away now... I do not like the limelight... So I get you being like this... I bet it was fun just to experience the parade from a different view though.. and thinking about Jesus walking along, it must have been amazing for him to see all that he saw and helped... gives me goosebumps just thinking about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this, I wouldn't have had that thought but it made sense as I read your words!! I also like that picture of you!!!!!!!! :D
    I can be either, 'lime-light' or sidelines kind of gal, just depends on the situation!! But I think I'd feel the same as you in a parade...not sure I'd even do that....kudos to you my friend!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...