Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

{day 29} Whispers of the Heart! :: sea

. .. ... .. . .. ... . .. . .. . ..  . .. ... . .. . ... . .. . . .

My daughter Aubrey - is quite the artist.  There is hardly a morning where, when she first wakes up that she doesn't find a pen and paper and sit down to draw and write.  I love this about her.  It's kind of her way to wake up.  These drawings on this bag, obviously, were part of a gift that she was planning to give to a little boy from her class in school - as part of his birthday gift.

Today's word-prompt is sea:  A rather tricky post to write about.

Yesterday - the prompt was hope! and I mentioned that I had a story to share with you that I had found... and while it has more to do with the topic of hope than of the word sea... I trust you'll be blessed by the message.  Yes!

 Consider this to be your message-in-a-bottle that has crossed over and through the sea to come to you.  :)

Hope does this, doesn't it?  It forges its way, crossing barriers, and moving mountains to make reality happen.

Written by Randy Kilgore, taken from Our Daily Bread
In January 1915, the ship Endurance (how ironic; the name) was trapped and crushed in the ice off the coast of Antarctica,  The group of polar explorers, led by Ernest Shackleton, survived and managed to reach Elephant Island in three small lifeboats.  Trapped on this uninhabited island, far from normal shipping lanes, they had one hope.
On April 24, 1916, 22 men watched as Shackleton and five comrades set out in a tiny lifeboat for South Georgia, an island 800 miles away.  The odds seemed impossible, and if they failed, they would all certainly die.
What joy, then, when more than four months later a boat appeared on the horizon with Shackleton on it's bow shouting, "Are you all well?" And the call came back, "All safe!  All well!"
What held those men together and alive over those months?  Faith and hope placed in one man.  They believed that Shackleton would find a way to save them.
Randy continues to write...
This human example of faith and hope echoes the faith of the heroes listed in Hebrews 11.  Their faith in the "substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" kept them going through great difficulties and trials.
As we look out upon the horizon, (the sea) of our problems, may we not despair.  May we have hope through the certainty of our faith in the One Man - Jesus, our God and Savior.

Gracious Heavenly Father... thank you for the confidence we can have you.  Whether its a sea of doubt and a storm that rages hard and high... our trust can be in YOU!  You are our life-line.  Our rescue and our salvation...
Help us hold onto you!  One thing is true.  YOU never let go.  Whether it is the calm  or the storm - this is true.  You never let go.

How about you?  Do you find yourself in a sea of doubt, of concern and the waves loom high and hard above?  How can I pray for you?
****

Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page, daily, so that you will not miss an entry.

6 comments:

  1. This was so encouraging. I really needed to read this today. We are going through a major upheaval in our small church. Many hurt feelings. Many people who left. It is down to a handful of people, some of whom don't like the others. We need prayer. We need hope. How ironic that our name is Hope Church.

    P.S. I love Aubrey's drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this Kathy! Let's pray right now...

      Oh Lord Jesus... I lift Kathy and her husband and family to you now.. .as they walk through this very hard time. Challenging might not even describe how it feels. I pray that they would truly know your peace and your presence as they "serve" your people week after week. That they would faithful - even when it feels hopeless. That their strength would come from YOU and not of their own selves. Would your sustaining grace and power - hold them and keep them up; their head above waters. You are their lifeline and security. Your word says in Isaiah 43 - that the waters will not sweep over them... bring them out of this in your due time and may their feet feel solid ground once more. We ask that all of Hope Church would know this to be true. You are their one true source of HOPE! Lord, bless these peoples. And that unity would once again be restored. ~ Amen

      ***
      Kathy - {{hugs}} to you, today!! You are loved.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I am a little late, had to work.. Anyway, I love how Aubrey loves to draw.. my Kylie does too.. Its such a wonderful outlet for them.. When I saw the word SEA today, It fit me right on.. I didn't feel well as you know, but I took a Nap and I woke up with a SEA of emotions raging in me today, made me full of tears, thankfully hubby got off work earlier than usual and we were able to go for a drive and it was enough to break my emotion.. Not sure why I woke up like that, but sometime I let life just weigh me down, keep too much inside, and then I pay the price... Thanks for your prayers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie - I do pray for you regularly. And - here - once again...

      Heavenly Father. You know the sea that Connie is talking about, here. You know her heartaches, and her challenges and her situation to the fullest. I pray that she would fully rely on you in all of this. That what concerns her would be kept in your hand - because you will perf-ect that. That is a promise from you. I keep thinking of the verses from Psalm 107:24-30. If Connie gets a chance to read those verses today - I pray Lord, that she would be comforted and she would feel a peace like never before. I pray that even in this - she would be grateful. Praising you in the midst of the storm...

      {{hugs}} to you - my friend, as well. Thank you, again, for coming by and sharing your heart... you are loved.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Bevy! Thank you for sharing your heart. Your girl's drawings are beautiful! Ah, yes...HOPE!! What a precious thing it is to have in our Saviour. How good He is to us! The story of the Shackleton Expedition was so fitting. Hugs! Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Camille - always a blessing to have you stop by. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers, as well. The Lord knows the deep waters you have treaded... and the HOPE you know and hold onto.

      Blessings,
      ~Bevy

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...