Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Weary, Worry and Worship!

. .. ... .. .. .. .. . ... . ... .. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . . .. .... . .
Come unto me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest! 
~ Matthew 11:28

I want to share with you a little story out of Our Daily Bread - a humorous story, as a matter of fact, that I thought would illustrate... this thought I have of worry, weary and worship!

A man worried constantly about everything.  Then one day his friends heard him whistling happily and looking noticeably relaxed.  "What happened?" they asked him in astonishment.He said, "I'm paying a man to do my worrying for me." "How much do you pay him?" they asked."Two thousand dollars a week," he replied."Wow! How can you afford that?""I can't," he said, "but that is his worry."

This past week has been nothing but long lists and "busy" demands.   Particularly the past couple of days.
Each night, I would fall into bed exhausted.  Weary.
Worried that it'll not get "finished".  Worried that I'll not have strength to muster through another moment.  Feelings of anxieties so large...

However, I am so comforted with the fact that it honestly is not for me to concern myself over, with these things.  I still do though - because I'm human.  But comforted for sure that Jesus says  - Come!
Come to me - child.  Weary, heavy-laden and worried soul!  You need rest!  Only give it over to me and I will do this for you.  And, He asks.  Can I carry you?

Yes Lord!!  I surrender.

I am so grateful that the LORD never grows weary.  He never is tired.  Always faithful to meet our every need.  I can depend on this - truth!  I can rest in this.
And when this happens...
I can worship my Maker.... with spirit, soul and body!
I will worship Him - and praise Him through this storm.

***
Linking with Kate @ Heading Home for Five Minute Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I am grateful that God never grows weary too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how we worry, and become weary... If only we would remember to take it all to HIM... I guess that is us being human... Loved this reminder... so good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words and truths Bevy! The daily bread was really good too!! I literally LOLed!! hahahahah!! I'm glad that you are taking your rest in Him! I pray you continue to rest there, leave it with Him and let Him carry you!! I miss you! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...