Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Joy is never perfect!

.. .. . .... .. . .. . ... . .... ... ... .. ... . .. . . . .. . . .. 

Yesterday, I decided I wanted to add a little touch of JOY to a corner of my kitchen.

Pulling out an old barn board, from when we visited Kaitlin and her family, back in April, was just the piece I needed...
I threw some white paint on there and handpainted the letters.  Not perfectly.

Joy is never perfect!
But how it results... is!


I like how this piece adds its touch to brighten our little corner of the kitchen.

But what I like even more... is this.

Jesus and Others and You!
What a wonderful way to spell JOY!
Jesus and Others and You.
In the life of each girl and each boy.
J is for Jesus, for he has first place.
O is for others we meet face to face.
Y is for you. And, for all that you do, 
Put yourself last and spell JOY!

A reminder for me, my children, for us...
as a family!!

***
May JOY brighten the corners of your heart and home this Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. i DID MINE TOO. Then Nathanael also colored on it. JOY is not always perfect, I had to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...and your post is once again AMAZING...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea that joy is never perfect. It reminds me that only One is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Bevy... I have some old barn wood planks out there... what a great idea; you've got me inspired. May your home be full of Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful reminder. I love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Joy is never perfect." What a timely message. Loved your post; it was exactly what I needed to hear today. Thanks. Wishing you a joy filled Christmas and new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely spontaneous craft! Love the rustic materials you used. Stopping by from 10 on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...