Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

In the here and now!

 ... . .. . .. .... . . .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . ... . . . . . .. .. 

It's that place between the then and the there!  

Here.

I feel it's right and safe to say it's exactly where I want to be.

While there's a lot of yucky in the here - right now...
There are lots of questions...as well.
There is confusion and frustration... the building of angst and concern.
The "what next" question, looms large, if you will.

However, nothing can take the place of being in - the here!

The right now.
The place like no other.

His presence.

I want to, but I can't always find the time to do this adequately!  I trust I'm not alone.

One thing I know.  I am so thankful for the patience of my Lord and Master!
Bidding me come.
Willing me to listen.
Drawing me to desire.
Instilling me to depend.
Teaching me to pray.
Love-daring me to trust!

It's only been a couple of days now - but since the New Year I've been scripture journaling - filling the journal pages, by hand...with familiar verses and some not so familiar.
Being challenged to stay focused on my Saviour.
It's been a wonderful time of dwelling.
Of sitting.  In the here!

Knowing full well that he will perfect that which concerns me... (Ps. 138:8)

Last Sunday's sermon was no different, with the gentle reminder that while Martha was doing/serving well.. still she was rather distracted with her "busy".  And Mary, her younger sister, who was not "helping her"... seemed to be doing an even better thing.

Sitting at her Saviour's feet.

We can still lead full and busy lives with a Mary's heart.
Sometimes we simply need to empty the schedule in order to fill the soul.

***
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
    Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! ~ Psalm 34:8, ESV



2 comments:

  1. Good words....ones I should hear but I'm more with the first part of your post currently! *wink* I will pray for you guys! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Honor the space between no longer and not yet." (Nancy Levin)
    praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...