Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, January 4, 2016

In Loving Memory...

. .. .... .. .. ... .. . .. .. .. . . .. .. . .. . .. .. . . .. . . .. . .


The reality is...
This is just a memory now!

I'm so grateful for the flood of memories and good times we've had in getting to know our landlord, over the past nearly seven years.   Not just as as landlord, but as a friend.
Many a Saturday morning - my husband would about miss his (hot) breakfast - due to the fact that you'd find him out in one of the barns - chewing the fat with Mr. A.

As a small family; tenants; friends - we had the privilege of attending his funeral service, yesterday afternoon/evening.  We wouldn't miss it for the world!!
What a wonderful celebration service... I mean, we felt as if we were part of the family - almost.
As the stories were shared and the photos were viewed... we felt as though we could have shared the very same words... and we did have a few of our own.

What an honor!
~~~

It's quiet here, now.  The cows have been gone for several weeks.  The barn doors only open if necessary. The gator gets pulled out only every now and then...
However, the sights and sounds of the farm are of a lonely sort.

The above collage-photo is the alphabet in photos of snippets of and around the farm and homestead...

We really don't know what our future holds - or how long we have to continue to enjoy the blessing of living here.
But - until we know that... life does go on!

Back to the so-called-monday-washday and routines of life.
That sounds a bit trite... but it's truly what Mrs. A reminded us... as we "visited" with her in the receiving line last evening.  It's true!

Life does go on.  With no stopping.  It waits for no one.

It's up to us.
To not only count the days but to make each day count.

Probably one of the greatest pieces of advice ever shared, right there!

***
Thank you kindly for your continued thoughts and prayers... they are and will be greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. A lovely tribute!! The first photo could be a painting!! And I loved your alphabet photo challenge when you first posted it and I love it all the more now!! I will be praying for the days ahead! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give a copy of the first photo to his family. beautiful

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went through the same feelings when Nevin, our farmer neighbor, passed away. I miss seeing him on his tractor and golf cart. I always used to look for the barn doors to be open in the morning. His steers are all gone, too. I get together with Louise for breakfast sometimes. Someday we'll all be reunited for eternity. Blessed thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you're talking about my family(my dad's cousin, Louise)... :) and our landlord talked about Nevin... he knew him well (as a fellow-farmer)...

      I cannot wait for this day of being reunited - with many of our loved ones.. my dad, especially!
      Love you - Nancy... thank you for your dear and constant friendship!!
      ~Bevy

      Delete
  4. I can hear and feel you joy of the farm and the farmer.
    As you know, God will take care of your family.
    Yes, I will be praying for you. Please keep us informed as to what to pray for, as your needs change.
    So happy that you felt like family during the service and reception. I'm sure he wanted you to be apart of his family and life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss and for the family of the farmer . Lovely collage , I bet they would really like that as a memorial gift of their farmer . Hope all works out well for you and your family and you can stay where you are sounds like a lovely place to live ! I agree with that quote to . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bevy, Sorry for your loss, I could feel the quiet jump of the page as you described the difference with him gone. I will be praying for all of you. The quote is something to be posted and remembered. What a blessing it must to have been just getting to know this Farmer Friend.. Will be thinking of you..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be praying for you Bevy and the family. Loves and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...