Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Just as I am ~ for 2016

.. .. ... .. . ... ... .. .. ... . .. . .. . .. . .. . . . .
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  Psalm 119:105

Resolutions!
And so 2016 begins with thoughts and wishes for all things new!  Heart-changes.  Last year was full enough of unsolicited change... some really hard changes... as a matter of fact.  Ones we hope to not ever have to face again.  Some changes were good, right and helpful.  Wonderful blessings!
 But we have no idea what this year will bring.

I resolve in my heart to walk through this coming year with grace, by my side!

I have been pondering several things... here of late. Things like: How might I tangibly walk this road with a God-fearing confidence?

One thing I know, I cannot do this by myself!  This can never be of a confidence in and of myself.

 I fully need the aide of the Holy Spirit and his comforting hand to guide and lead...

One of my greatest desires is to grow in the Word! Always has been.
Recently, I've been given a tangible and practicable way, or idea, in doing this.  So my plan is to handwrite scripture verses out on paper, on a daily, regular basis.

Now - the question is... which and whose plan will I want to use to follow? :)

There are several out there, such as...

Sweet to the Soul - Soul deep in God's Word!

Or, another found through Facebook (a closed facebook group where you'll need to sign up for) - via a friend of mine.
Write His Word

Or, another from Sweet Blessings.

I'm sure there are many others to choose from.  Check them out!

In the meantime.. my prayer for 2016 comes through the touching lyrics of this well-known and dearly loved hymn.  Just as I am!

I pray these words will minister to your heart as well, as they do mine.
To come... simply come... just as I am!



***
I am thankful for each one of you - my readers!  And without you - blogging wouldn't be as much fun, now would it?

**I'm linking today's post with Finding the Grace WithinTuesday @ Ten.  The prompt this week was : I resolve to...

Looking forward to what the rest of this New Year will bring!! And, especially looking forward to spending the rest of this day - with dear fremily! :)

Have a Happy New Year - Day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Bevy! God's blessings on you and your family for this coming year. It's all already in His hands which is something I need to get into this thick head of mine.

    Your idea of writing out scripture reminded me of when I was in Junior High and my Sunday School teacher had us write out the book of Philippians by hand. He wanted us to see just how fortunate we were to be able to walk into a store and have printed Bibles and how people in other parts of the world would put in so much work in order to have just a portion of God's word.

    I'm looking forward to seeing how God works in our lives in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bevy, Thinking about you, keeping you in my prayers.. Hope the New Year brings Peace, Joy, and tons of happiness.. LOved the song..

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...