Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Snow or no snow...

. .. .. .. .. ... .. .. ..... .. .. .. .. ... .... .. .. ... . .. . . .. 
Copying over verses from Matthew 6:25-34, this morning, into my journal, only seems fitting to share again today, in regards to this here word-prompt: doubt.

***
Truth be told I was beginning to doubt if we'd ever see a snowflake.  I read on my gardening almanac type calendar this phrase -
"January warm, the Lord have mercy".

I believed that.  We needed some snow!  At least more than a dusting...


As the kiddos and I were talking this morning...
What one, two, or even three days difference can do with the weather and yet - these little birds have not a single care in the world... about their life.

Snow or no snow...

Why, then, do we worry about ours?
Why do we doubt our heavenly Father's daily and constant care for us?

I was just so encouraged writing out these verses of Scripture this morning!  Verses from Matthew chapter 6 and in particular - this final verse...

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  
Each day has enough troubles of its own. ~ Matthew 6:34

Do I ever doubt? Or, question?  Or, worry?
Sure I do.  I just told you that I do.
I read that line over and over on my January calendar and wondered for the future - what would a winter without much snow do for the following seasons?
I would read "the Lord have mercy" phrase over and over and pray fervently for snow...
I was worried.  :)

Listen, I want it to be said of me that this is a woman who trusts and fears her Maker.
That she is one who rests in the Sovereignty of her God!
Snow or no snow... He is God!!
He will sustain and keep us in HIS righteous, right hand!

Consider the birds of the air; neither do they sow nor reap nor gather into barns... 
yet your heavenly Father feeds them.

***

5 comments:

  1. The phrase you mention above: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." is so apropos to our lives. Thank you so much for sharing. I enjoy reading your blog.

    Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture of how we are safely kept by our loving Heavenly Father! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and words. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking of this scripture today. How neat. I love it. What a beautiful post as always. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...