Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I am....

.. .... .. . .. .... .. .. .. ... ... . ... .. .. . . .. . ..  . .. 

Today, my four year old found herself in a very puzzling situation.  Ironically, she put herself there.

We can chuckle at that.  But sometimes the puzzles of life are not the least bit funny! Are they?
Sometimes they just happen.  Sometimes it's our own doing - but most times not.

I am in one of those puzzling situations right now.  Nothing major - just full of questions.
Like how in the world will this be ironed out?

But I've decided, I'm not going to let it define me.  I am not going to let the pieces that don't make sense or that can't even be found... take away from what I know the whole picture will be in the outcome!

The truth is.  God's got this mess!


It took my daughter and I mere minutes (relatively speaking) to straighten this mess out; putting pieces with right pieces and to bag them back up appropriately.  This had to be around 15 puzzles all dumped together... 

I know with our life stories... it takes way longer than mere minutes.  
Sometimes, it takes what seems like FOREVER!!!!!  To see any semblance, at all, of any picture unfolding....feels impossible.

May I say it again.

Let the great I AM fix it!  He's got this mess...
I take great comfort in these verses from Scripture that remind...

The end of the matter is better than its beginning and patience is better than pride. ~ Ecclesiastes 7:8

Our story may look kind of futile right about now.  Hard to see the outcome. Piled up and jumbled.  But...if we can slow and wait to see (trusting in whose hand the pieces lie) then with humility we will one day know our story was worth waiting for - in being revealed.

Ultimately it's not of our doing anyway.

***

4 comments:

  1. So,so true and good.. something I needed to hear after chatting with my boy.. Thanks for your kindness always.. so thoughtful.. Hugs dear girl.. Praying for clarity in your situation.. Its gonna be good.. just trust him..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and photos . Life is a puzzle and as we live it we are putting the pieces together ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The end of the matter is better than its beginning and patience is better than pride. ~ Ecclesiastes 7:8"

    Love it! So true. Blessings to you, Bevy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...