Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Crossroad

. . .. .... .. ... .. .. . . ... .. .... . ... . .. .. .. . .. . . . . .
There is a new four-way stop in our local area - that unfortunately I keep blowing through.  I'm not proud of this.  Because, one of these days I'll be paying the consequences (quite seriously!) if I soon don't get a grip on this "crossroad" and stop, look and listen.   The thing is... I know it's there but out of habit and due to the fact that it used to only be a caution light - this particular direction that I travel now means I actually have to STOP!

Ever find yourself at a crossroad?  I mean the kind that life routinely throws your way and you're faced with blindly bailing through or perhaps you're not sure which path to take?

Recently, while involved in a Ladies Bible Study group - we hit on this subject quite a bit.  Talking about the life of David.  You talk about someone who routinely found himself facing major crossroads.  Yikes!
David didn't always follow the rules, either.

A verse which resonated very strongly, with me, from our discussion(s) is found in Jeremiah 6:16 - which states...

This is what the Lord says:

“Stand at the crossroads and look;
    ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
    and you will find rest for your souls.

The Crossroad in my case is and has to do with my parenting and homemaking.

How faithful am I to the call?  How patient am I when I'm pulled in a million different directions - at once?  How resilient am I when the way is hard?  How brave am I to keep going forward?
How attentive am I to watch the comings and goings of my home?

How teachable am I?
How humble am I, when I am clearly in the wrong?

Do I respond or react?

You know - it's easier to see the crossroads in my spouse or my kids lives... and wish and will for them to stay on the right path... yet, this is a hard calling and not for the faint of heart.

To stand at the crossroads... and ask!

But when I am faint and, I fail...
I'm so grateful for the grace of God that carries me.
That gently leads me along.
That even pushes me from behind - at times.
And for God's Word that truly does guide along - acting as a light to my path.

You see, I have a choice.
I can go through this crossroad of motherhood habitually, blindly, even absentmindedly or I can stop, look and listen and ask for direction - at every front.


In doing this Scripture promises and I really do want to have rest for my soul!

****

** Linking with Finding the Grace Within | tuesday @ ten :: choice


Surprise to me!  I was awarded the Highlighted Writer of the month of February, for Tuesday @ Ten.

I was told to display it and be proud. :)

I just feel humbly blessed.

That is all.

5 comments:

  1. I know very well the "crossroads' youl refer to...and I have had yo slam my brakes many times...we r creatures of habit and routine. Like the post...all too often we get comfy in the daily role of parenting and life and neglect to slow down look and listen because out schedules are so busy trying to accomplish the days tasks. Thanks for the time reminder!!!:-). Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great reminder. this journey of parenting and wife-ing continually holds the mirror to my life. P.S. I too have a hard time with that four way stop. I haven't blown through it yet, but nearly, nearly. I have had to stop quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi neighbor at Tues at 10. Thanks for stopping by to visit me. I love your site and your words here. I know those crosswords and pray I stay teachable and faithful. I find myself being pulled almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Bevy! Encouraging and ponderful (like that?!*wink*) words here!! Now you make sure you STOP at that crossroad lady! I like you, slow down!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...