Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

20 years ago today - our lives forever changed!

.. . .. . .. ... .. ... . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . . .. . . . . .. 


I'm missing you today - Dad!!  It's hardly possible that 20 years ago, today, our lives have been forever changed.

Our loss - your gain!!  Heaven's gain - actually!!

***
I'm praying, today, that memories - the good and wonderful (and there are many)- will fill in and around all the places and spaces that are broken still, and hurting.

And am so grateful to God that He is The Healer of broken hearts.  He has been faithful.  He has sustained.  He has comforted.  And - because we know that that is true - we can use what we know and have experienced to minister to each other (as a family) and as well to others who may be walking a similar path.

Above all - the longing for Heaven is only stronger still - in my heart.... and may that NEVER, ever change!

***
My Dad really enjoyed this scrapbook of poetry (Heart Throbs, copyright - 1905) and I think one of his favorite poems was this one:

If You Have A Friend Worth Loving

If you have a friend worth loving, 
Love him.  Yes, and let him know
That you love him, ere life's evening
Tinge his brow with sunset glow.
Why should good word ne'er be said
Of a friend - till he is dead?

If you hear a song that thrills you,
Sung by any child of song,
Praise it.  Do not let the singer
Wait deserved praises long.
Why should one who thrills your heart 
Lack the joy you may impart?

If you hear a prayer that moves you
By its humble, pleading tone,
Join it.  Do not let the seeker
Bow before its God alone.
Why should not your brother share
The strength of "two or three" in prayer?

If you the hot tears falling
From a brother's weeping eyes
Share them.  And by kindly sharing 
Own our kinship in the skies.
Why should anyone be glad
When a brother's heart is sad?

If a silvery laugh goes rippling
Through the sunshine on his face,
Share it.  `Tis the wise man's saying --
For both grief and joy a place.
There's health and goodness in the mirth
In which an honest laugh has birth.

If your work in made more easy
By a friendly, helping hand,
Say so.  Speak out brave and truly
Ere the darkness veil the land.
Should a brother workman dear
Falter for a word of cheer?

Scatter thus your seeds of kindness
All enriching as you go --
Leave them.  Trust the Harvest-Giver;
He will make each seed to grow.
So, until the happy end,
Your life shall never lack a friend. 
~ Anonymous

***
Isn't this a beautiful poem?  
I'm just glad to have had a chance to share this moment with you today!

8 comments:

  1. I remember that time. Love you Bev! Lots and lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you today Bevy. Thank you for sharing the poem, it is beautiful. Prayers for comfort today. Love you sweet friend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard I lost my dad 21 years ago and my mum 8 years ago . They all are in our hearts and our memories forever .

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear bevy, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had a chance to get to know your dad. He surely gave the world a lovely daughter and I am sure he was just as wonderful as you often brag. I LOVED that poem, thank you for sharing it! I am going to copy it down. Heaven is the hope! (if you never heard it, look up that song by Matthew West!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, BEV for sharing such a beautiful poem. I lost my dear Father-in-law on that very same day. .....a big HUG for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for the loss of your father. I lost my dad 17 years ago. It gets easier but never goes away, does it. That poem was lovely and full of truth. Thanks for sharing it today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May the Lord continue to mend your hearts and comfort you as you walk this path. One day, He will reunite you with one another forever. How precious it is to hold onto these truths in our hearts. I Corinthians 15, and I Thessalonians 4:13-18 are wonderful passages to comfort one another with. May you know His peace and presence as you seek to keep your heart fixed on those eternal things. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad...no matter the years eh...*sigh* I am thankful that God has given us each other to bring comfort with the comfort we have been given. But it still hurts!! The poem is simply and truly LOVELY!!!!

    It was also AMAZING to see you last week! Eeek!!! HAhaahahahahah!! SO so good!! We will talk soon! I move in three weeks! Ack!!! LOVE YOU BEV!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...