Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, April 4, 2016

See! The winter is past...

. .. . ... . ... . .. .. ... .. .. .. . .. .. . . . ..
Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past.  
See, I am doing a new thing!  Do you not perceive it?  ~ Isaiah 43:18

I love this verse, from Isaiah.  It's been applicable to so many seasons of my life.  So many life challenges and changes.  It's filled with hope!!  That there is something NEW to experience. Something God is doing and that He is all about.  I appreciate the reminder that the past shall be left alone.  Forget about it!


I learned something the other day.  Something I had no idea of and now I will continue to think about every time I see a bush of forsythia...

As a side note:  It bothers me to see a fully manicured bush of forsythia. So controlled.  So stifled. Why? For sure, pruning and trimming are necessary in moments. Besides, they look beautiful - arranged into a bouquet.  However, the untrimmed branches, on the bush, take on a much more natural state. Fully reaching.  Anticipating... excited!

You do know that certain flowers have meanings behind them, right?  See this site for reference.

Yes!

So - here is what I learned.  I learned that forsythia means: anticipation of an exciting thing!  Perfect, for decorating at a Baby Shower, this past weekend, wouldn't you say?  At the time... I had no idea what forsythia meant until during the event... who knew?

Anticipation.

It couldn't have been more perfect!  And, we couldn't be more anticipative of this little bundle of blessing for my brother and sis-in-law.  Baby due in June...


How fitting to be able to enjoy these beautiful flowers - this time of year!

See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.  Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.  The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. ~  Song of Solomon 2:11-13a



6 comments:

  1. Hummmmm.... I love the meaning of Forsythia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those flowers and wish I could use them inside. Kylie is allergic to them but we admire from a distance. Thanks for sharing .. Beautiful post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forsythia is so lovely. I had a huge bush at my previous house. My husband bought me a bush for this house, but it didn't make it. I think I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I am going to check out the reference you shared for meaning. Yes...my friend WINTER has PASSED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Bevy! I have to say that Forsythia is one of my favourite spring flowers. In my last house I had a beautiful big (and uncontrolled) forsythia bush. Towards the end of winter I would snip off branches and force them indoors. Then I would bring fresh branches in all through it's short flowering life. I don't have a forsythia in my 'new' garden and I have to say that I miss it's bright yellow presence. I didn't know that it's name meant 'anticipation of an exciting thing' - very fitting indeed for your baby shower and for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...