Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, April 11, 2016

When a break was meant to be...

. .. .. .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . . .. ... . .. .. . .. .. . . . ..  .
Swoosh.

Crash.  Bang.

I wonder what I just heard fall and then I hear my hubby calling from the other room... "sorry babe, I just knocked your favorite magnet off the fridge and it broke." 

It was a gift from my Grammy.  I've had it forever.  And it wasn't until this moment that the truth of this magnet's message broke in and settled me.


I thought about the irony of the moment.  The words on the magnet couldn't be more true, for me.  And, in particular, for this morning, the day was unraveling pretty quickly.  I wasn't upset that my hubby broke my magnet - rather it just seemed to paint a picture in my mind of the imperfection that each day holds.  

There are bound to be lots of broken pieces in one single day.  When I read through that verse quickly, my eyes so often skim over the word seldom. I guess it is my tendency to believe that prayer, or even our relationship with God is meant to be "untouchable"...perfect!... and when it isn't, then I can simply be "a mess". 

Unraveling is inevitable.  When we pray, though, God listens and hems us into the gracious hand of care, comfort and He sustains us.  No matter the day.


God doesn't promise...perfect.  In fact, He promises He will hold the day in all its imperfections.  He holds us in our brokenness.  In fact, the more broken we are, the more beautiful we are and all the more perfect.  And, that is perfect enough.  He would rather us be broken and in His Hands... rather than sittin' all pretty, stuck up (on our fridge) and acting all high and mighty -in one perfect piece.

Sometimes - breaks are meant to be... amen?


I have yet to glue this magnet back together.  I need to buy me some glue.  But, when I do glue it... I'm going to glue it just "off" a bit.  As a reminder that I need Jesus every hour of every day.  I need to pray more often throughout my day.  And yes,while there may still be some unravelling going on, one thing is sure.  I'll be in HIS HAND all day long.  Right where I'm meant to be.

Because every day, I am.

***

5 comments:

  1. I gasped when I read that it was from your grandmother and I felt a moment of sadness because trinkets from one generation to another can mean so much to our hearts. Next, I re-read what you wrote about the word "seldom" I think we all seem to skip over certain words at times, and I have to agree I could.. should pray more.. Thanks for a beautiful post even though it may have made your heart a bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Thoughts! I've missed your posts while I've been away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love how Jesus just give us the right thoughts at the right moments! He never ceases to amaze me! :) Have a blessed week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful truth....thank you for sharing your heart and the thoughts in that moment that the Lord was impressing on your mind. What a blessing it is to know that He is the ONE Who holds us together and strings each moment into a life for His purpose. How precious it is to belong to Him! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...