Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

The War of Words

. .. .. .. .... . .. .. .... .. . .. .. . .. .... . .. . .. .. . . .
You've all heard this before - that our words are like the dandelions puff blown, scattered to the wind and that they're not returnable.  And, oh how we wish they were.  Especially, if we've messed up!!

It's true.
You can't reclaim your words.  Once they're out there, they're out there!!  It feels like a war sometimes of what words can do.  I can remember some specific times in my growing up years, even into my late teens or now as an older woman, even... times when words really embedded themselves deep into my soul.  They became a part of me - good and bad.

It might not have even been the words but rather the way they were said (just the tone of voice) that made that impact.  Again, that is good or bad...

See?  The war of words... it's a real thing.

This has been heavy on my heart and mind here of late.  I keep thinking of my words and how they impact.  In fact, these song lyrics (by Hawk Nelson) keep rolling around in my heart and head.. I've been humming...

Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

If this can just encourage you today - let it be!!
I simply ask for prayers - whispered heavenward... to be that infectious soul of LIFE-GIVING words of blessing and hope and encouragement... whenever and wherever I can.
As a wife.  As a mother. As a sister, daughter and friend.

I found this as something to ponder:
Boys flying kites haul in their white-winged birds; 
You can't do that when you are flying words.
"Careful with fire" is good advice, we know;
"Careful with words" is ten times doubly so.
Thoughts unexpressed may sometimes fall back dead;
But God himself can't kill them when they're said.  
~ Will Carleton
***

Here is Hawk Nelson's song in full... for you to enjoy, as well!



May you have a blessed week!!!  Speak Life...

3 comments:

  1. I had to sit down to finish reading this post!
    Powerful (your words) and trueth, that pierced my heart. I will be PONDERING my words and praying over the words that have been said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you Christine... we ALL need to be mindful of our words...every single moment of every single day.

    This post was more for me than anyone - for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many times I have wished I had not said something. Even something meant innocently can hurt someone if taken the wrong way. I think that's why God tells us to guard our lips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...