Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Bevy's Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

... . . .. . .. .. . .. .. .. .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. . . . . .. . 

So, it's zucchini season among us and I LOVE IT!!
I knew last year I made this muffin recipe and was frantically looking for it in every cookbook I own... but then resorted to finding it on my blog.  Sure enough.  Now wonder I couldn't find it in a cookbook  - it was because I had taken another/different zucchini oatmeal muffin recipe and tweaked it to make a chocolate version.
Hence the name - Bevy's Chocolate Zucchini Muffins .....

Albeit to say, this recipe deserves its very own post - not buried down deep in another!!  This is why I'm sharing it with you today.  I hope you'll get to enjoy!!

***
:: Bevy's Chocolate Zucchini Muffins ::

2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I had w.w. pastry flour and bread flour mixed, in my canister - so that is what I used.)
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts  (I used walnuts.  But using any or all nuts are purely optional)
1/2 cup quick oats
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup cocoa
4 eggs
1 medium zucchini, finely shredded (approx. 2 cups)
3/4 cup vegetable oil (however, this time I swapped out 1/2 cup of coconut oil and the rest of regular canola oil)
1/2 - 1 cup (plus, per preference) chocolate chips  (**a nice addition is using some peanut butter chips with the chocolate chips)

Grease 12 (more like 18) muffin cups.  Preheat oven to 375*.  Mix first 8 ingredients.  In another bowl, beat eggs slightly with a fork.  Stir in zucchini and oil. Add the chocolate chips.  Stir second mixture into first until flour is moistened. (Batter will be thick and lumpy).  Divide evenly between your muffin cups.  Bake 15-20 minutes.  Yield: 12-18 muffins.


Can you guess what I'm hoping to make sometime today?

5 comments:

  1. To answer your question, I know! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe... Can't wait to try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pairing of zucchini with chocolate - two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe Bevy - I've got a few zucchini's that are just about ready for harvest so this is very timely for me. BTW - I'm not sure how much 450 grams of flour would be (for the bagel recipe on my blog) but if you just google convert grams to ?? (whatever you use) it'll tell you. I wonder why they didn't give a cup measurement as they did with all the other ingredients? hmmmm. I needed a bit more flour than what the recipe called for anyway - just add enough until you get a good dough consistency :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! We have quite a few zucchini in our garden so I might just have to try these! Hope it's okay, I added you to the blog list on my blog. So many people seem to have quit blogging but I'm trying to get back into it again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...