Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Spaghetti Meatballs Recipe {a repost}

. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . . .. . . . .. . . .. . . 

My hubby is NOT a fan of Spaghetti and Meatballs.  However, he makes a good "butcher" (we do all our own meat)... and cheeseburgers or meatballs subs (in this case) are a wonderful way to "get his attention".  (hint, hint) 

 And so... since he loves filling the freezer with good, "know-where-it-came-from", beef, pork, deer, etc.  Then, I love putting the best use I can, to it, by making up these spaghetti meatballs.  By preparing the recipe, baking and throwing them back into the freezer - for whenever a meatball themed meal calls our name - then I feel like I've done something "out-of-this-world".  Here is the super-easy, super-delicious recipe.



~Spaghetti Meatballs~

1lb. lean ground beef (in this case, I doubled the recipe)
1 cup fine dry, seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 T. parsley flakes ( I love to use fresh - when available)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. basil (opt.)


Mix together - well.  May use your hands for that good, gushy feeling.  Disgusting ~ I know.  But it works the best. ;)


Shape- into equal  (1") portions.  I love using this scoop to get them all about the same size.  These are pretty large.  You could make them smaller, if you wanted.

Pre-baked.  Obviously.  The recipe says to brown in small amount of oil and then drain.  Simmer for 20 minutes in your favorite sauce.  But...

I usually like to place them all out onto my bar pans from Pampered Chef.  I'm sure you could use any type of baking pan, as you can see I do (in the baked meatball photo).  I bake them at 450* for approximately 20 minutes.  Let cool.  Then I put them out onto cookie sheets-lined with wax paper.  Put into the freezer so that the meatballs freeze individually.  After fully frozen... put into large freezer Ziploc bags.  Use whatever amount you desire, add (frozen) to your favorite sauce and heat thoroughly, on medium to low heat. 

These really are our favorite meatballs! 

And, by the way.  Swedish Meatballs!! It's what's for dinner!! :)

Enjoy!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the 'know where it came from' beef sister! We are not big fans of meatballs in the sauce. I make and freeze meat sauce for my spaghetti but oh baby, we love BBQ meatballs. I make them and freeze 'em too. I always have a vast variety of entrees in the freezer.

    God bless ya and enjoy this beautiful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM! LOOKS good! I try to avoid the whole hand mixing in raw meat, but your right it just works better if you get right in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of preparation but I'm sure well worth every bite. They look good and they weren't even cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it would make a great hamburger also.

    You can always wash your hands off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure Inspiration with this post, sweet Bevy. We are BIG fans of Meatballs. Hubby likes Meatball Subs, Kylie likes Meatballs in Italian sauce or sweet/sour sauce. So dear girl, since September is my month of restocking my freezer( I usually try to use up everything and start fresh every September) I definitely will be using this recipe.. Yummy.. Inspired.. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...