Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

When negativity is a sign of fear!!

. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . .. .. .. . . . . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . . . . .

On more than one occasion, I've had negativity come pouring down on me.  And, in that moment, I have a choice whether to stand firm and be resilient - in the face of fear - Or, I can allow that negativity to soak into every fiber of my being and it allow it overwhelm me; causing me to crumble at the core. 

You see, I used to think that any negativity that I felt or perceived was really ALL my fault. I would own it.  However, I've come to understand something.  Usually - any negativity I may face really has to do with the source of where it's coming from and more times than not that negativity is a sign of fear.  

I don't know that I have ever thought of it like this before... but, it's true!!

Let me share a couple of examples.  And, I want you to think about this.  Is this true for you?

When someone doesn't understand a change they see in you and they're not sure about it - there often is this sense of negativity expressed because of that unknown.  They're reacting out of what they don't know.

If you're talking health and wellness (like I do from time to time) with someone and you're encouraging a healthy change for themselves and/or their unhealthy lifestyle...they might be negative towards you - because their "identity" is being challenged.  Again, it's an unknown.  They'll express fear, etc.

What about if you're doing something new and different and it comes across as a confidence that you now have but... "This isn't like you; you've changed; you're making new friends; you seem so sure of yourself, etc." and because of this - this is now a "conflict".  Negativity happens, because of fear.

And - simply understanding that makes it easier to overcome!!  When people are fearful for changes they see in me or with someone else - it’s because they don't understand, or they can't see it the same way - they'll "react" in and with negativity - true as that.

Look. I'm guilty of the same thing.  I have done this a time or two or a thousand with my spouse. I have done this with family; with friends.   My spouse has done this with me.  My children will/may react negatively - if they feel their needs (physically or emotionally) are not being met in one way or another.  

This is a real thing.

Why do I share all of this today?   I share in hopes that it will encourage someone else.  I hope and pray that I can continue to see this as "growing pains"...for me; for both sides of the story.

Like the quote in the photo says.  Everything will be okay in the end.  If it is not okay, it's not the end.

We ALL have areas of growth that need to take place and that will continue to happen.  I might not be able to control the given situation but what I can do is control my reaction and my response (two very different things) to that.

God Bless You - today and every day!!

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Bevy, I think we all can use this piece of encouragement and I agree that FEAR is such a heavy thing to face. Thanks for sharing.. So Good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, thank you for sharing your thoughts in return - you're so encouraging and I thank you for your constant prayers!!

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...