Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Quiet and calm...

. . ... .. .. .. . .. .. .. . ... . .. .. . ..  .. . . .. . . . . . 

I just came indoors from hanging a load of laundry.  An absolutely GORGEOUS day... this is the kind, I'd love to bottle up - if I could.
The leaves are starting to turn...well, maybe I'm pushing it. But they are, ever so slightly!  There is a fun pumpkin - cinderella style - sitting on my front porch.
It was super CHILLY this morning. The sun is reflecting its light differently.  It's the kind of day that can't decide if it's still (late) summer or (early) fall.
I have the coffee on, too, just to "warm me up"!  If you can believe it, I don't drink coffee like I used to... but it's that smell, that gets me every time!
The kiddos are off to school and it's just me - here in the quiet of the day - tending to hearth and home.  My heart is full but I have a lot of my mind today.

Friendships, that I'm missing.
Calls that should be made.
A card/letter or two to drop in the mail.
A dessert begging to be made.
The question lies before me - What's for dinner? 
However, I'm hankering for a loaded baked potato bar... which kinda seems fitting!

Of course, there's the laundry to follow up on..
Oh, and how could I forget - there is another quilt in the hoop and some unfinished sewing that simply NEEDS to get wrapped up...
Everyone's needs demand to be met... as we all gather home again, at the end of the day!
But - all in all.

I'm grateful.  I say yes, to the "mess"!

There is a calm to a life lived in gratitude; a quiet joy. ~ Ralph H. Blum

Today, I want to keep my heart quiet and calm... amidst the busy-mess that I feel.
Again, the thoughts and prayers of my heart are many.

**
 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  ~ Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

5 comments:

  1. So many questions, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and post . The weather is pretty much the same here doesn't know whether to fall or late summer , personally after the very dry humid summer we have had I like the cool fresh fall air . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how much there is to fill our days? How beautiful your photos are, Bevy. it sounds like you enjoy fall just like I do. It's wonderful to observe the seasons as they change, isn't it? Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article, love your sharing so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...