Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Changes Marked with Gratitude

.. .. .. . .. .. . .. .... ..... .. ... . .... . .. .. .. . .. . . . 
You know how they come up!!  Sometimes too fast, sometimes slow.

Changes.

Here we are facing some "new" ones, all - in our face - again.
Oh, they've been expected.  It's just that when it's happening - you don't always feel as ready as you'd like to think or hope.

Why do I talk about this so much?

Because, it's where we're at.  The challenge of change.

{I'm so glad my kiddo's got a chance to see the Supermoon of 2016 - this morning!}

However.  Here is what I'm learning - through these changes.

If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you!!


It's amazing... 
When you choose gratitude in the moments that are hard... then, the changes that come aren't so severe in the making.

Here is what's going on.  My Mother-in-law has found a place to relocate to.. so she is moving from her little apartment, beside us. She is a ball of mixed emotion, and rightly so.  Missing us and yet longing to feel truly settled "one last time" (she swears she's not moving again!).  

The thing is.  We'll be moving, too.  Though we don't know when or where.  We think we'll ride it out until we absolutely have to move... but, the days are ticking down for this.
We've got word - about this land (property), that it will be developed...

and, that too is change.  The kind I don't like.  The process will still take time.  So, a lot of unknowns... for sure!

Back to gratitude.  We're just grateful for God's timing.  That we can trust HIM.  Because, he never changes.   We're grateful we can count on his blessing.  His goodness.  And, he knows...
He knows our need before we even ask.

This is what He says.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord,
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.
Plans to give you a hope and a future."
~ Jeremiah 29:11

**
In the meantime, Life goes on.  It must.
But, my challenge is to keep my days focused on HIM.  Being ever thankful... grateful for his blessing that never ends!!

Thank you for your continued love and prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Bevy, this helps keep me grounded.. not going in depth here but I am in a season of hard change but I have so much to be thankful for.. I just have to be intentional on my focus.. Prayers will be said for your MIL and all of you.. and to be developed, I so wish they could envision the beauty in the land just as it is.. Prayers and Hugs tonight..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...