Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Eight Gifts That Do Not Cost You a Cent!! {mini series}

. .. . .. .. . .. . ... . .. . . .. .. . . .. .. .. .... .. . .  .
Hello Friends... are you ready?  Christmas Time's a Comin'.  The season we all love...of gift-giving, celebration, family and friends and yummy food!  Of course, Jesus is the REAL reason for the season (the Greatest Gift) and I don't say that lightly.
 He is mine for sure...

I got to thinking what this particular season may look like for our little family.  Our kids all know that Christmas will be a little "light" this year, in terms of (tangible) gift-giving, simply due to the fact that we're wanting to buy a house.  It makes it easier to explain all of that, and abide by it- since we're all a part of the impending decision. :)
It also marks one year that our landlord passed away... which adds its own dimension in and of itself.  It's now a season with even more (raw) mixed emotions and change... but God is so good!!

In the past - here on the ole blog - I had a couple of meme's that I would do for and throughout the month of December.  One year was of sharing favorite Yuletide Carols (2013), another was the December Photo Project (2011)...or, of course there were favorite Holiday cookies sprinkled throughout.   Do you remember any of those?  lol..

This year, I thought I would dust off the old keyboard and share my thoughts regarding Eight Gifts that don't cost a thing!!

Not one single cent.

So, over the next couple of weeks - hopefully, I can keep up and get them all in before Christmas - I'll be posting a little more often (smile), as I share these eight different gifts that have made a difference either in my life or that can be given to bless someone else for this Christmas-time of year!!


Do you want to know what these gifts are?

1. The Gift of Listening
2. The Gift of Affection
3. The Gift of Laughter
4. The Gift of a Written Note
5. The Gift of a Compliment
6. The Gift of Encouragement
7. The Gift of Solitude or Time
8. The Gift of a Cheerful Disposition

***

So, do you think you'll join me - as we reflect on this gift-giving season? ** these may or may not be coming to you in this order...

Perhaps, you can think of a few gifts yourself - that won't be costing you a cent.
I would like to hear your thoughts..



To him that gives generously... He himself will be refreshed.  
~ Proverbs 11: 24-25 (paraphrased)


HAPPY 1st DAY of DECEMBER!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm ready and listening (reading)!
    And yes, I remember ALL of your December gifts to us.

    I'm excited that you will be looking for a home for your family. I've put you on my prayer list for a perfect home.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely gifts they are too, Bevy.. I love it when Christmas is not about the giving of expensive toys and gifts but giving something of ourselves with homemade or what have you.. So wonderful that you are house hunting.. God bless.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember all of those, and I love your list.. I like to give the gift of being intentional in using only pleasant words.. It seems like during this beautiful busy season so many get stressed out about finding that perfect gift, and become harsh with their words.. So think before you speak is an excellent gift to give to be intentional with the words towards others, to be sure to be pleasant, kind, loving and share encouragement.. and also to not to forget the Elderly.. so many are lonely.. I will be following Sweet Bevy..


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...