Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Gift of Encouragement...

. .. .. .. .... . .. .. . ... . ... . .. .. ... . ... . . . . . . ..
 So, yes! This gift feels closely related to the Gift of a Compliment, doesn't it?
 I actually had to think about how to differentiate the two.
There isn't a whole lot of difference.


Now.  I thrive on encouragement.  I'm sure most of us do.  As well, this isn't something necessarily easy to do, either.  To encourage others.  But, we're called to do it.

I'm going to share a bit about my 9 year old son today.  
Fourth grade has pretty much whipped his hyde.   He's doing fine... way more that he thinks he is, but he won't always hear it.  If you know what I mean?
He needs constant encouragement.  And on one tough night, recently, when I told him that he lights up like a Christmas Tree every time he receives a compliment (see, I told you the two go hand in hand. Compliments.  Encouragement.) - well, he didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.  So, then, I had to encourage him all over again - that, YES! - this is obviously a way that makes you feel loved.  

Compliments.  Encouragement.  Words of Affirmation. 
They all go hand in hand.

We all need daily doses and some of us need more than others.
Back to the whole compliment  side of things.  I'm serious.
Sometimes being told your appreciated is one of the simplest and most uplifting things you can ever hear.

I need to remember to encourage others as much as I know I need it myself.


**this photo was taken the night of Caleb's Winter Concert - with school.  He sang in the choir and ALMOST ranked up to play in the band. ;)  He plays 1st trumpet.  And, is doing fabulous... if I must say so myself.   I'm very proud of my boy!!!!

He loves to play it for everyone - and honestly, it is never a chore to get him to practice.  I can hardly complain of the "loudness" - but he gets it.  He's doing great.  I wish you could hear him play... unfortunately, the video (he asked me to make and to show all my friends... :)) wouldn't load for some reason.

***
Click HERE to read more on the Eight Gifts that do not cost you a cent.

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Bevy, I just have to say your sweet children are so adorable.. Have a awesome day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The enthusiasm of children is encouraging to me!
    As a mother we encourage and in return we see the joy of it returned back to us. Reading about Caleb and your joy for him, is wonderful.
    I have "watched" you become a role model, of a loving Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Bevy. Oh my, I can hardly believe how your children are growing! I hope you all will have a blessed year ahead!!
    Love,
    ~Melanie♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...