Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Gift of a Written Note...

.. .. . .. ... . . .. .... .. . . .. . .. . ..... . . .. .. . . .
The kitchen table is strewn with cards. Both coming and going.  It's Christmas!  The time of year when the exchange of love and care is sent on it's way to loved ones far and near.
The names can be often hurriedly scribbled appearing as if to beat the mailman to the box - rushed - but "off - on their way" just the same...

Or... this.

And, it always amazes blesses me when the sender has taken the time to jot a few personal lines - handwritten thoughts of care and concern.  Thoughts of memories and moments they wanted to share.

It's a gift of the Written Note!!
One of my favs.

I'll admit - I struggle, at times, with taking specific care to share a few thoughts, more than my name.  Even if my name, and that of my family, is tidy and neat... sometimes a few more added (thoughtful) words are SOOOO important and are uniquely needed.  Maybe more than we'll ever know.

It is a gift.  Sharing and caring through pen and paper...
Something, I don't want to lose.

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.  ~ Proverbs 12:25

Tell me.  Are you a card sender; a note-in-the-box kinda friend?


If you're anything like me, you love receiving this gift - way more than giving it... and I sure do like to give this sort of gift.  Though, I'm sure - I don't do it near enough.

***

Click HERE to read more on the Eight Gifts that do not cost you a cent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...