Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, February 3, 2017

Gold Rush Brunch

... .. . . .. .... .. . .... . .. .. .. . .. . . . .. . . .. .  . . ..
How does one rightly get a decent photo of a breakfast dish... when you can hardly tell what is - because the color palate is all the same wash.... you know what I mean?

But, boy!! Is this one ever delish!!!  Hand's down - it is one of my favorite breakfast casseroles...
Guess you'll have to take my word for it until you give it a try!!!   Lip-smacking amazing!!!!

:: Gold Rush Brunch ::
1 lb. ground, browned sausage (cubed ham, is also an option)
2 Tbsp. onion, minced
8 scrambled eggs, cooked
4 cups frozen, shredded hash browns (thawed*)
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. parsley
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
 1/4 tsp. salt

Layer meat, onion, eggs, hashbrown, cheese, parsley in a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan.  
Melt butter, in saucepan, and add flour; mix well.  Add milk and cook until thickened.  Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.  Pour over layered mixture.   Bake at 400* for 30-40 minutes.   
Serves 15 people.
**HINT: I will put my frozen hash browns into my skillet where I just browned the sausage - to let them thaw, there... while making the next part.  
Then, I'll just mix it all - gently - together and put in pan, adding the cheese sauce part on top!!

I'm telling you - this dish is fabulous!!  
Great for a breakfast-at-dinner idea, as well!!!

4 comments:

  1. Gonna try.. looks yummy.. Thanks for sharing..XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...so now you have made me totally hungry and it is no where near breakfast. This looks and sounds amazing and I will definitely give it a try. xx Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a breakfast kind of gal. This will do!
    Even the name is a winner.
    Best part...it's easy.
    Thanks for passing this on. (I'm thinking Easter)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...