Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Corners of my Home

. ... .. .. ... .. ... .. ..... .... . ... .. . .... .. . . . .. 
As with anything, it all takes time. 

Well, I've had a month to sit around (heal!) and ponder JUST what I was going to do in decorating.  One of the challenges with this old(er) home is that all of the exterior walls are are REALLY, REALLY (stuccoed) solid and so, adding any new holes (if I can get it past my hubby) will seem challenging.
I've been doing the best I can with what is already there - nail hole wise - and using command strips if and where possible.

One of the books that I have had for years... has been this Garden Style Projects book from Better Homes and Gardens.  I am telling you... this book... brings me so much JOY!!  It's so me.  My style in almost every way possible.  And, so when I look at it... I nearly drool... at the thoughts and ideas that cross my mind, of what I could do in my own home.  And truly, it is where a lot of my home decorating ideas and inspiration have come from.


Today, I busied myself as best as I was able.  Stopping every now and than to put my feet up.  Many more things got added to the walls, as I already alluded to, and some more boxes unpacked.  :)  It's starting to feel cozier around here.   At least, I hope so. 

I thought for your enjoyment you might like to see a few corners of our new home!!  Or, wait.  Maybe you want to wait and see after it's truly settled... ?
Obviously, pondering window treatments for all the rooms...?
What really stays on display or gets put away to the attic for another season...?
And, for what I really do want to have out and around, how it will best be displayed and implemented...?

I'm so grateful for the gift of time.  Time to take and make it home, as it is all meant to be..
***
A house is made of brick and mortar, but home is made by the people who live there!! - M.K. Soni

HOME is where your STORY begins!!

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth




3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home Bevy. I love the charm it has. So glad you are mending and being able to get some rest as well get your house put back together. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about being inspired by pictures in a book. Drooling,? Oh yeah!
    Love, love the shape of you windows!!!
    Built-ins, mature vegetation- you are speaking my language.
    Hope you have total recover soon!
    Prayers ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I am a happy person this morning!!!!!!!!!
    Your home, I'm in love!!!! I love it!!! Love brick homes and the charm is just oozing!!!! I could not be more happy for you!!!
    Take one day at a time, it takes time to unpack and get back to that homey feeling after a move, but little by little it will happen!!
    I read somewhere that you should live somewhere a year before decorating, that it takes time to get used to the home and what the home has to offer. It is good advice, but if you are like me, I don't think I could wait a whole year! Ha!
    Love the book!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...