Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Practice makes it happen..

..... .. .. .... .. .... .. .. .... . .... . .. .. .. .. ..... . . . .
Healing can sure take a lot out of you!!  I feel like I've been sleeping my life away.  Or, if not actually sleeping ... I'm super duper tired and I can't wait to go back to sleep.
I never realized how this accident would affect me.  
This morning, I decided to get up, with my hubby.  Had to, anyway, to pack his lunch.  But, here of late I would crawl back in bed and sleep a couple more hours... before the kids got up.

However, this morning, I decided to hop on to the blog (reading list) and just take a sneak peak at a few favorite blogs that I've "followed"... and just see where people are at and what I've missed.  Oh wow!!

Tears.  Smiles.  Surprises.  Inspiration and Creativity.
Fun and exciting times...
 I saw
Faithfulness.
Commitment.
Consistency.
Others, though, going through changes.  Hard times. Pain.

But, I also saw another theme...
Inactivity.
For some it had been weeks, months, years...
Of time spent away from blogging.
 I saw I haven't been the only one.

Why do I share all of this?

I recognize it as seasons.

My healing from this accident...is taking its time and toll.  But, I'll be back.  Rest needs to happen in order for myself to make a sure and full recovery.  And, every day - there is obvious improvement.
I had been on a Go- Go- GO track.  Really active with life, activities, and family..

Blogging has been the same way, for me.  For years, Treasured Up and Pondered had been going strong.
Faithfully.
Committed.
Consistently.

Yet, seasons of sleepiness and rest should not surprise me or anyone for that matter.
Our souls weary of doing and we feel faint...

Yet, the ones that remain active and strong - are encouraging and uplifting.

I don't know.  I just came away -refreshed by my discovery - that I'm not alone.  I like what the quote says... and, agree!  It's true.   Happening comes by practicing.  Practice makes it happen.
Just start doing... right?   Note.  I didn't say anything about - being perfect. 

***
If you are reading this and you relate to my struggle of "coming back" and feeling inspired and impressive.  LOL.   Tell me, what fills you to full and overflowing...?


2 comments:

  1. Oh Bevy, how rest is needed for the season you are in. So take it slow and easy, and let God as always lead it. For years I never really read anything truly, I was a on the go girl all the time.. But my health took a nose dive and stopped me in my tracks. What fills me up is reading and taking life slow and I make sure I have quiet time now. The season I have been in since October has been so, so hard and still is but I cannot change anything and I am not sure I would want to.. God has shown me so much in this season and I am trying my hardest to stay on track but oh how I fail. But reading your words, and the other sweet girls words somedays is just enough to change my mindset and put the focus where I need it most, not on the pain or hurt but on the real part of living life no matter what the day holds. I am glad your back and I am thankful that you are on the mend and getting settled in a new home of your own. Please share if you have certain colors or themes in your new home you never know when someone would run across something that may be a perfect fit for you and your home. Love and hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel "Full and overflowing", when I'm creative in some way. Reading, making lists and crossing things off, sewing, cooking or blogging. Then to push me to overflowing, sharing, face to face, time with people that I enjoy and love. But the best is grandchildren!

    I pray that you heal fast and can get back to a routine of joy and fulfillment.
    My Dr. told me that when you rest (sleep), that is when you are healing. So, take the time to heal!

    Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...