Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Dusty Paths

. .. ... ... ... ... .. ... ... . ... .... .. .. .... .. . . .. ..
This morning I was writing out a note of encouragement to a friend of mine.  Her daughter and mine are pretty near the same age and Aubrey wanted to bless her friend with a note - to Get Well!

Broken bones are no fun!

I got to thinking about how often this friend and her family - in their own quiet way - are the best and I mean THE BEST homemade card makers and they're always filled with lots of love and encouragement.  I mean, ALWAYS!

I don't know how many times we've received a thick packet in the mail... from this dear family.  "Just because" or truly because we were walking through something...hard to go through.

They have their own moments and hard times and I (honestly!) don't know that I have been as faithful.

While thoughts came to mind as I wrote this note this morning... "dusty paths" came to the forefront.  Wanting to acknowledge their time of  "difficulty".   A daughter; arm recently "casted", as well as  a job that is over the top stressful... well, I can only imagine.... I know it's been really rough right now, for the husband.

Things. Many more things could be mentioned - that they as a family are going through.

And, while we know God walks these paths before us, beside us and behind...

These paths, they feel dusty!

That's what I wrote.  Acknowledging their "dusty paths"... ways that don't seem clear.  Or, paths that are not filled with ease.  Certainly, not flower strewn pathways.. but in them... there is good!
I miss our old home and farmstead... its part of my own "dusty path".
And again. We walk these paths one foot in front of the other... knowing, God is holding our hand.   Confident he has a plan that far exceeds our own.   I'm encouraged in Scripture... these words of reminder.

 This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
    ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
    and you will find rest for your souls.  ~
Jeremiah 6:16

3 comments:

  1. That verse God keeps bringing up for us. Praying we hear what he says about it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Jeremiah 6:16 I truly needed this today.. I am on a road to new beginnings and a peaceful path.. Thanks again. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such an encouragement to read, Bevy.
    I especially loved your analogy of the dusty path and find it's quite fitting as a description. Thank you for sharing and for the care you have given to your friend.
    Bless You!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...