Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday's Finds- Pampered Chef & Pecan Pie!

I'm so excited!! This evening, my friend, Janelle, is hosting a Pampered Chef demonstration at her house. I just love their products and one of my most favorite things is their Stoneware product. (And please, don't make me pick which one). I highly recommend giving it a try, if you don't have a stone.

The other evening, Scott and I had a dinner invitation and I was asked to bring along a dessert. I decided to make Pecan Pie. Well, I found out that a recipe for a 9" pie fits rather nicely into the Medium Bar Pan. I just thought you might like to know that - Hint, Hint!

Here is my recipe for Pecan Pie and it's crust.


~Pecan Pie~


Crust:

1/2 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 cups flour (sometimes I use whole wheat, or half whole wheat and half all-purpose)

First mix together water and oil. Then add flour, salt and baking powder mixture. Mix together and roll out. Yields 3 pie crusts. For this recipe, I don't roll it - it's difficult to do that - I just kinda press into the pan using my fingers, starting around the edges and and then working it into the center. Then I roll it using a small rolling pin (from Pampered Chef, of course) and then I finish it off by crimping the edge.

Pecan Pie:

1 cup white corn syrup
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 heaping cup of shelled pecans ( I use, plus 1/2 cup chopped pecans)

In large bowl stir together first 6 ingredients until well blended. Stir in nuts. Pour into unbaked pastry shell. Bake in oven at 350* for 50 -55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.

: : Serve with REAL whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!!

This is such an easy recipe. I really hope you enjoy!! Maybe you could say that the Medium Bar Pan is one of my favorite pieces of the Stoneware line.
Because here is another hint in using, the stone, to make your life a bit simpler.
I learned this tip from the Consultant who gave my demonstration a few weeks ago and I have been loving it ever since. It's so quick and so, so easy!

You take 1lb. of ground beef ( I like to mix in a couple of Tablespoons of Onion Soup Mix, for added flavor), press completely into the pan and snugly up against the sides. Bake in a 450* oven for about 15-20 minutes. There will be a lot of juices depending on the grade of beef. Let that finish cooking... bring it out of the oven... the juices will dissipate back into the meat (or somewhere) and lay 6 slices of cheese on it... and whalaa!, you have 6 Wendy's style cheeseburgers for dinner. Granted you don't have the "grill" flavor, but you have tender, juicy, Square burgers for a quick cheeseburger fix.


: : My hubby is going to read this post and you can guarantee that he'll be asking for Cheeseburger's tonight. Smile!

2 comments:

  1. Bevy,
    What a great idea! Thanks for posting it. The cheeseburgers sound especially juicy and yummy. I'll bet you could make a wonderful apple tart that way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! I'm definitely going to have to try your pecan pie recipe. My stomach is growling just looking at the photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...