Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mugs & Muffins - It's Introduction

.. .. ... . . .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. .. . .. ... .. .. . ..

Oh my!  I am so excited.  I'm here today to introduce to you,  a *new* idea.  One that's been going round and round in my mind for quite some time now. 

I'm calling it,
Mugs & Muffins
{Stay.  Savor this moment for you.} 

The idea first came to me from reading one of my all-time favorite books: A Life that says Welcome, by Karen Ehman.  I know from reading Karen's book that the term, Mugs & Muffins, is the actual name of a simple idea, intended for moms and women, of all ages, from all walks of life, that has taken off and blossomed into a very beautiful ministry. It was started sometime back in the late nineties, and is still going strong today.  It's not that I've wanted to take the same name.  I don't.  But they actually invite women to start their own chapters. (See for yourself, on pages 215-216 of said book.) So, here is my own on-line version.  And with it, I hope you'll Stay. (and) Savor this moment.... for you.

What I hope to see happen here for Mugs & Muffins is a place for you to settle in, stay awhile, and visit.  Sit down to the table with your favorite beverage of choice, whether it be hot coffee, or a sweet summertime tea.  Take a big ole bite out of a tasty muffin or something else breakfasty - at least, copy down the recipe - which I'll be sharing a *new* recipe with you, each time we "meet".

I wish we could just pass the plate around to each other and eat them together, don't you?

About once a month, on a Monday morning, you'll enjoy reading a featured guest post, from a dear reader like yourself.  (Basically, it will be like having a guest speaker coming out to an actual event).
Are there things you would like to talk about, discuss and get insight on?  Then this "gathering round the table moment" is just for you.  I'm going to be asking for your valued input... and I really hope you'll contribute.  That's what "gathering together" is all about it.  Isn't it?

There will be occasional giveaways... some really special & unique ones, too. Ones that I can't wait to share with you.  They will not all be from me, which is another reason that I think this will be really fun.  And, so here is another way of sharing the love.  If you feel you would like to participate somehow by generously hosting a giveaway - let me know and we'll work it all out.

So, what do you think?  Are you excited?  I sure am.  I hope you'll tell your friends about it.  I'd love to have a lot more regular visitors over here at Treasured Up and Pondered...and maybe a simple invitation is all it will take.

We'll meet up here, this coming Monday with my Real Life friend, Abby.  Abby graciously agreed to share a guest post with us and I can't wait for you to meet her.  This is a woman who loves the Lord with a REAL passion and who beautifully shares her heart and soul at Fan the Flame.  You really be encouraged.  Wait and see!

I want to leave you today, with this thought:

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts.  And we are never, ever the same.  ~ Unknown


Do you know this to be true, for you? 

Think about this...

This quote will be part of our upcoming discussion, next time.



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea, Bevy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bevy,
    I happened to just finish eating a muffin!! HA!

    I'm glad you decided to "go with it." (mugs and muffins) It's been on your mind. Can't wait to see it in action.

    Oh, and I love the picture you used for it. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea. :)

    Can't wait for Monday.

    Have a great rest of the day.

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Noodle, this is wonderful! It suits you and this space so perfectly! Can't wait to see how Mugs & Muffins unfolds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I am on this like Nutella on a pretzel, milk in my coffee, Oreos in my milk, bacon on my green beans, eggs on my grits.
    I think you got the idea.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea!!!! My Mondays are CRAZY most weeks....it is our busyiest schooling day, but I will do my BEST to stop by!

    Now I am going to go check out all the posts I have missed due to some computer issues.

    ♥ YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sitting on the edge of my chair!
    can't wait to join in on this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this! Great idea! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a Mug & Muffin once a quarter at my church on a Saturday morning...I usually bake three different muffins, brew coffee and have tea available as well...we meet, have fellowship and then someone does a devotion...an enjoyable 1-2 hours with the ladies from my church...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw Karen's post on FB about your blog and thought I'd drop by... girl we have a lot in common in our spirit and soul... for years I have wanted to open up my home to neighbors, family, friends etc. You know ladies from all walks of life... however I have never felt like my home was presentable enough to do so (in this we may differ). I never thought about doing it like this... what a great idea. I can't wait to see where this takes you and what this may mushroom into. Congrats on a great idea and may you prosper and thrive with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...