Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, September 27, 2010

On all the day's that end in "WHY".

. ... . . . . . .. . ... .... ... ... .. . . . . ... .

This post title is not completely original with me.  So I cannot fully take the credit for it.



The other day I decided that these reproduction kitchen towels needed to be washed.
As I was hanging them on the line, the thought occurred to me (me, being my usual anal self) that I should be hanging these in the correct order. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday...

Yes! I really, honestly, had that thought go through my mind.  Can you believe it??  I almost can't... and I'm like this - a lot!

Well, I didn't.

I didn't change anything. Instead,  I left them as they were and kept thinking about the many, many times that our days feel just like this - so mixed up and out of order.  We can't tell one day from the next... they're full of nonsense, upheaval, chaos and... you name it.  It happens.



Throughout our mixed-up days we're often left with questions that begin and end with WHY?


Like I mentioned, the title to this post is not 100% original with me.  There is a Southern Gospel song out there that I fell in love with.  I just currently can't remember who sings it - two different artists sing this.

But it's a song that talks about this: that our Gracious Heavenly Father knows our days; they are ordered by him and for all of the questions - the whys? -  no matter which day of the week it is.... He is faithful to walk through each moment of that day with us. 

I love that.  And,  I need that for encouragement in the days to come... I think we all do.  Why?  I'm not sure, other then that as God's dearly beloved children - we need him to sustain our very being.  What feels so out of our control (so often) is really ALL in his hands.

****
Do not say, "Why were the old days are better then these?  For it is wise to not ask such questions.

Consider what God has done:
Who can straighten what he has made crooked? 
When times are good, be happy; but when
times are bad, consider God had made the one
as well as the other.  Therefore a man cannot discover
anything about his future. 

~ Ecclesiastes 7: 10, 13- 14

5 comments:

  1. lovely thoughts today.
    those towels are so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days of the week towels and buy a set almost every year and like you Bevy . . .
    I am a little fussy about using them in order and on the correct day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Bev!! Is it bad that I still would have gone out and rearranged the towels... :)

    Thank you for sharing your heart - love the verse as well. It was a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an encouraging post! Those verses are just what I need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bevy.
    Those towels are so cute. I wouldn't dream of putting them in order. I'm a freak like THAT;) Beautiful verses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...