Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

. .. . . . .. . . . .. . .
These cold winter mornings bring on the likings of huge hearty breakfasts and hot beverages.  Coffee is always a staple in our home - no matter the weather.  And in all honesty.... it's really only on weekends - particularly Saturday or Sunday mornings- that a bigger breakfast will be fashioned.

I kid you not...

Aubrey will have THREE servings of Baked Oatmeal - nearly every time I make it.  Caleb scarfs it down, too.  Served with milk, poured over top!

I'm so glad.

There is certainly something to be said about kids and oatmeal.  It generally is not a kid-friendly sort of breakfast meal.  Am I right?  Maybe even for some adults.  But, don't knock it till you try it.  I think you'll be surprised ...

Here is the recipe, I use, for:  
::Baked Oatmeal::

2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Mix together thoroughly, sometimes whisking if need be...

Stir in:
 3 cups of quick oatmeal
1/2 cup raisins, craisins and or chopped nuts (all optional)


Pour into greased (I don't because I use my Pampered Chef Stone) 8x8 square baking pan.  Bake at 350* for approximately 25 minutes.
Delicious, served warm with milk.  And a wonderful dish to serve to guests on an overnight stay.


Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. There is just something about homemade oatmeal that says "mom loves me".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious...I only wish I had read this BEFORE I made oatmeal this morning....ah well, next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm~~yummy!! My daughter-in-law made this for breakfast when we were all on vacation together. What a treat!! A great, warm way to get the day started. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not an oatmeal gal but my daughter is.
    I plan on passing this recipe onto her and her little ones, who LOVE oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The BEST recipe EVER!!!! :) Used over here a while lot more than I would like to admit!!!! :) Thanks Bevy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baked oatmeal! What a blessing that your children love it too. We only have big breakfast meals on the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have put apple, cherry or bluberry pie filling on the bottom of the pan for a yummy change! thanks for sharing, i know whats for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEVVY!!! I am so glad to see this recipe! Our oldest son, Mr. Smartypants has been wanting me to get and try this recipe for a while now. He had it at a friends and I kept meaning to get the recipe from them. Thanks so much! And thanks for coming by and offering me encouragement. Love you to friend!
    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time for me to try a new recipe. We've got a family full of oatmeal lovers. This one sounds utterly delish! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...