Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

fall on the earth

. .. . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . ..  . ... . ..... . ... .. .. . . .. .. .. .

At this my heart pounds and leaps from it's place.  Listen!  Listen to the roar of his voice...
(reading from Job 37)

God's voice thunders in marvelous ways, he does great things beyond our understanding.  He says to the snow, "Fall on the earth"....


****

When I was playing around with this photo - using Picnik.  I loved the way it turned out.  I wasn't going for anything specific - just letting it come together - the way it did.

But.

As I was reading this morning in Job 37 - the chapter again and again declares God's control over the skies; over the earth; over us. (vs.7, 12, 13, 15 & 16)

I took a closer look at my photo.

The outside edges, on this photo, look dirty... this world is (awfully) dirty... my heart is (very) dirty.

When God says to the snow... "fall on the earth".  It's like a fresh white, blanket of CLEAN.

I was thinking how much I needed the Lord's mercies *new* this morning to fall afresh on me and wash me clean. 

I prayed...


I need his covering today and everyday...
and so do you.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Amen. I like having winter, it's a great viual reminder of what Christ has done for us. The clean white snow blanketing our dirty dead world - God is a most magnificent artist!

    Also, thanks for your prayers, we're on the mends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...I see our hearts have been pondering the same thing here lately! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we need to allow the Lord to wash us everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...