Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday's Finds | An Honest Confession

. .. . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . .

{Welcome to Friday's Finds! For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello! and welcome. On Friday's I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}


Today's Friday's Finds - finds me, literally booted out of my dishpan.





I hate to admit this.  I blame it on pregnancy hormones.  But, I was feeling the "inconvenience" of not getting my work done - at that precise moment-  when they simply wanted to help wash dishes. 

I resorted to a couple of hot tears.  ((seriously))

Quickly - bucked up. 
Grabbed the camera and said to myself. 
Fine!  Let's just take a few pictures of this just to show them, their unique and combined interest, in washing dishes, in about five years from now.

 : : This is one of those areas where I really struggle to teach my kids how to "help" to learn...
they are only two and three - but getting bigger and there are things that they like to do and can do well; they do help to set the table, clear the table, pick up their toys, etc.
Quite honestly, dishes is an area where I would "rather" do it myself to - get er done - more quickly and effiecently.  I know that will only bite me later in life... I know, I know.  
Oh, the things you find out about me. : :


An honest confession is good for the soul.

4 comments:

  1. Bevy -

    1) Your kids = super cute

    2) I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE PREGNANT! When are you due?!?

    Congrats :)

    ~ Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely understand...I am the same way! I am learning to delegate a bit better these days, but when my children were your children's ages I probably would have let them "do" the dishes and then when they were napping or whatever re-done them so that I knew they were clean! :) So see your not the only one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For children everything is play and that is how they learn.
    Washing dishes is a great hand and eye coordination lesson. Plus, it's a texture lesson.
    You did very well letting them tackle the dishes. I think you are a great mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well there now. You have found me out too;)

    I most always come up with any excuse I can to shoo a little tot named sadie away from my sink.
    every.
    single.
    day.
    but.
    she finds her way up on a chair to the sink anyway.

    I'm glad that I could confess;)

    GREAT PHOTOS!
    loved this post and I see your 18 weeks!!!!!
    It's going by so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...