Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Well... the sun sure has been good for the rhubarb!

. .. . .. .. . .... . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . .. . .. ..

I really am not sure that this is the correct title leadway into a post that is to include two *new-for-me*, delicious rhubarb recipes, but everytime I see or think rhubarb I recall this hilarious attempt, by my dear friend Amiee, in effort to change the subject of any given topic - should the conversation go awry. 

It was her way - and it usually worked.

I do want to stay on track here, though and share these new recipes with you, today.  The first is...

~ Rhubarb Cream Delight Dessert ~


Crust:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter

Rhubarb Layer:
3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. flour

Cream Layer:
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs

Topping:
8 oz. dairy sour cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

For crust, mix flour sugar and butter; pat into 10" pie plate.  Set aside.  For rhubarb layer, combine rhubarb, sugar, and flour; toss lightly and pour into crust.  Bake at 375* for about 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, prepare cream layer by beating together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time, then pour over hot rhubarb layer.  Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes or until almost set.  Combine topping ingredients; spread over hot layers.  Chill.
Yield: 12-16 servings.

** Delicious combination of cheesecake and tart rhubarb.  If you're fond of both of these, it's a wonderful, wonderful dessert.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second recipe is these here muffins.

I found this recipe looking for something - coffee cake like or quick bread... and I'm so glad I found this recipe. It's easy, fast and delicious.

~ Rhubarb Muffins~


2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups diced fresh rhubarb

Topping:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. cinnamon

Combine all dry ingredients and mix.  Add all the rest.  Put topping on.  Bake at 375* for 16-18 minutes.
Yield: 2 dozen muffins.

** They're easy to freeze.  Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday we got over 70 degrees for the first time since who knows when. Today we might hit 70 but no sun, yet.

    Enjoy your weather and rhubarb, both recipes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta get me some of that there rhubarb. We certainly have plenty of sun and those recipes look divine!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Bev....please share the love!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would Love to taste it instead of just drooling....just thought i'd mention it for what its worth.gladys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could make something like that for my Daddy. He loves rhubarb. This post reminded me of my my Grammy Leatherman. : )

    You sure do love Becky. It always makes me smile how much you like her : ) Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...