Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Your Day

. .. . .. . .. . . .. . .. . . .. . .. . .. . . .. . . .. . .. .. . ... .. .. .. . .. .. .. ...

The other evening, my husband mentioned two words within our bedtime prayer that have since stuck with me.

He said something along this line of thought, "be with us as we go about Your Day tomorrow...".   I don't think the next day was Sunday.  I'm not even sure he'd remember praying it that way.
.
When we think of the Lord's Day - we think of Sunday, right?  But isn't every day,"Your Day", speaking of the Lord?  He made every single one of them.  They are His.

Or, at least they should be.

I know it's easy to go about our days thinking of them as though we own them.  How the day turned out - matters on how or what we've done in and throughout that particular day.   It's as though we go from day to day with out much thought and again how the day begins and ends is a reflection on us.

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24

I tell you what.  Oh, did I ever have a day of it?  Today was rough.  Not as bad as some I've had recently -but as I "mulled" over these thoughts of this being a day - the day - Your Day, Lord - that you made and I am to rejoice in it?  Oh, was it ever hard.

I'm afraid....I'm afraid I wasn't rejoicing (being calmly happy) as I should have been and wanted to be.

Here is the good news...and I so appreciate these verses from Scripture.

Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  ~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I am so ready for that day - Your Day, Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy,

    What a great post. It is something to ponder. How we think of each day. Do we even think of the Lord during each day? Are we grateful for this day that he has given us? For ALL that he has given us?

    I love those two scriptures. I am always uplifted after visiting you here. Thank you. :)

    Did you get my email with my address? Just hoping I had the right email for you. I spoke with my sister today and she is doing very well. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, Bevy, thanks for the encouragement.

    Pondering Paul's words, "temporary light affliction." I suppose compared to Christ's sufferings, they are pretty light, but they seem so big to me! Thanks for reminding me who the day belongs to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. praise the Lord sista.

    And when we go through our lives.

    Living each day as if we were aware.
    REALLY aware that everyday was Church...
    that everyday We ARE the body of Christ...

    living,learning,being molded, shaped, and dying to oursleves a little more...

    Sure does make you more aware of needs around you instead of just one day a week.

    This is the the day the LORD has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it:)

    great post Bevy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...