Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Appealing to the Senses :: Taste!

.. .. .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .. .. .. . .. . .. .. .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. .. . .. ..
new york style coffee cake
Photo Credit and Recipe 
The other day I discovered this *new-to-me* Coffee Cake Recipe while scoping out Pinterest, while looking for something else.  So, I decided to give this recipe a try over this past weekend.  I'm glad I did..

I surely wouldn't change a thing about this recipe, It was both delicious and unique.  I say that, about changes, because if you know me at all...at least well...you know I usually like to tweak something, somewhere, somehow along the lines of making it more "bevy"-ish.   The only changes made with this recipe would be on what I had already done.  For instance, if I would make it again, which I will, I would bake it in a different size pan than the one I chose.  I will choose to under bake it just a hair... as opposed to me keeping it in on the longer side.  I also opted to use pecans.  The recipe says to use either pecans or walnuts.  

Next time I will try it with walnuts..like the photo shows.
(That sentence demands to stand alone)

Don't get me wrong -  I LOVE pecans... but this recipe probably needed walnuts.  Again, just like the photo shows.

Other than that..

Delicious recipe and it's a keeper!  For sure.

Appealing to the Senses. 
This sounds like it could be a random series - coming up!?!?!?!  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to stop coming here when I'm hungry unless I have time to bake! Another delicious keeper. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know. Doesn't it make you want to? Well you will - when you make it...if you do. I know you're going all "different & interesting" up there in the North, with your food and all. How is that going for you?

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...