Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, September 25, 2015

five minute friday :: doubt

.. . .. .. .. ... . ... . .. . . .. . ... . .. ... . .. . .. . . .. . . .. 
Linking up again with this lovely group of writers - through Kate's blog and her Five Minute Friday linkup.  All writing on a one-word prompt.  Today's prompt is: doubt

****
Doubt sees the obstacles,
Faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night,
Faith sees the day.
Doubt dreads to take a step
Faith soars on high.
Doubt questions, "who believes?"
Faith answers, "I".

I don't remember where I found that piece - but it comes to mind often and I know I've shared it here before.

Thinking about doubt.  This all came to mind.

Imagine standing on one leg for an indefinite but significant amount of time.  Even for just a few moments you'll notice that you really can't do it (well) that long.

Try it!

Try standing for even five minutes.  It won't be long before you'll start to sway.  You'll feel shaky.  You'll even want to shift yourself or hang on to something to help keep your balance.  At least, this was my body's response.

Doubt does this very thing to our souls, doesn't it though?  It shakes us up.  It unsettles.

To think we can stand on one leg, on our own; that we can really do this!
But, we're never really sure, are we?
Doubt never stands true.

Reality is right there...with its reminder!!
You need to have Faith.  Standing firm!
Two feet down; two legs strong... on the rock that never moves.

And, friend.  That rock is Jesus!!

***

The other morning I found this bee - sleeping!  Sleeping sideways, at that!!
Made me chuckle to think about adding this photo to this post.

I doubt it's only one leg he's using to hang on, there, and you can see this for yourself.  He's hanging on with all he's got!!  Even while asleep.  I promise you - this bee was sleeping!!

I want to be like this.

Firmly resting in my Lord and Saviour without a shadow of a doubt.
He is all I need!

I want to leave you with a song from the Collingsworth Family. Pardon the video quality... but, please.  Please, listen to this beautiful hymn.

It's called: Jesus is All I Need



Blessings on your weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Bevy, I'm your neighbor today on FMF. Loved your whole post, but especially the poem at the beginning and the photo and lesson from it at the end. I want to be like that bee, wholly trusting in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm visiting from FMF. I like the poem at the start- I think I've heard it before but not sure where it comes from either. Also the reminder about standing firm- "Two feet down; two legs strong... on the rock that never moves."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I'm back!
    I enjoy reading your thoughts and wisdom.
    Great poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...