Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, January 25, 2010

~Spiced Pecans~



Okay, it's time for me to share this recipe for Spiced Pecans or Sweet Spiced Nuts (whichever you want to call it)!  I'm sorry, I know I've been holding out on you all.  We made these for the holidays with our cookie bake but let me tell you - they're great anytime!  As a perfect accompaniment to that hot cup of coffee you've got in your hand - or just anytime you need a sweet, spicy nutty taste in your mouth.
 It's a winter thing.

As my friend, Rachelle will attest to .... YOU CAN'T STOP WITH JUST ONE!!

1 cup granulated sugar - per pound of pecans
1 1/2 Tab. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg white
1 Tab. water
1 lb. whole pecans

Preheat oven to 250*.  Grease jelly roll pan with butter.  Mix together dry ingrediants.  Beat egg white with water until frothy.  Add spice mixture to egg white; mix well. Toss the pecans till coated ... spread out in pan.  Bake for 1 hour at 250*.  Stir three times while baking.  Let dry well, before storing.



: : These are great to give out as a gift... and quite healthy too (ignoring the sugar).  I'm thinking, Valentine's Day!?!  You know, put a cute little caption on a gift tag (to your hubby) that says something like; "I'm nuts over you" or well,.... I can think of many more...

BUT, what would you say???  I would love to hear some of your ideas for a cute caption. 

I saw these here on the Farm Chicks the other day, that might be a fun way to share spiced pecans with all your friends.  Check it out!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bevy,
    Thanks for posting the recipe. They look sooo good! How about "You spice up my life!"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, I love the way these make the kitchen smell here on the Ponderosa on a cold winters day.

    You have yourself a fantastic day!!!
    God bless :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering! I love pecans!
    I also like you blog's new look. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...