Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Be Willing ~ Silly!

While the idea is fresh in my mind...and although, it may sound like more of an actual confession...and it truely is...I've decided I need to get these thoughts out on "paper"...before I ain't so willing anymore. ;)

I need to learn to be willing.  Willing to be silly. And, I mean the acting or being "funny-silly".











Is it okay that I am not naturally bent towards being silly?  With my kids?  With my husband?  With my friends?  Obviously, these are staged photos...

I try.  I have ideas and good intentions.  I really don't want to be the "un-fun" mom... the "stick-in-the-mud".  I just honestly, and truly, struggle to let loose.  If I've heard it once, I've heard it a bazillion times... RELAX!

I have been thinking about this for awhile now, and waiting  praying for the day when being "silly" will just magically happen... hoping that one day I will learn how it is done. I have a feeling I know what some of you are thinking.  You're thinking; "JUST DO IT - Just BE". 

I have a friend that is... very willing to be funny-silly with her kids.  I watch her and wonder about it; how easy it is for her. I'm not jealous, I'm just saying.   And, I'm sure that personality has absolutely nothing to do with it. ;)  We talk about it sometimes but there really are no answers.

I don't even know why I'm sharing all of this.  Maybe this is just one of those "honest-confession-is-good-for-the-soul" moments, and I'm just letting you know how that the realities of life, as a mom, for me, are just a real struggle at times.  And, I'm the type that will most likely chide myself in this - forever.

I know, it's - silly. 

If you could only hear what I tell myself everyday.  It's these three little words.  Be Willing~Silly!

6 comments:

  1. I've thought about this too because I'm not naturally silly either.
    The best answer I have come up with is for me to just be myself!:)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm naturally very silly, but I've wondered if I would be that way with my own children, since the responsibility and stress of parenting may cause my very serious side to show up more. Anyways...I guess I'll find out when the time comes. LOL!!!

    I'd echo Melanie's thoughts and just say to be yourself.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Bev..... :)

    From one "stick in the mud" to another..... silly isn't for everyone.

    I know from my past my mom could be really silly - and for me, it was embarrassing. I know at times when I am being "intentionally" silly with my kids Kate will say "Mom - you're embarrassing." She knows it's not "me".

    I figure if I was created a bit more serious.... well.... there's a place for the serious in life too. And "sticks in the mud" seem to excell at those times.

    Plus we tend to marry someone who excels at being silly. At least I did - how about you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being silly... well, as you may remember from our bookstore days, I used to have no trouble being silly. Do you recall the dancing that took place on top of the counter tops at customer service ?! Nowadays, however, I never dance on counters (oh, what a shame!) because I'm simply too busy taking care of the children and house. I'm sure, as your wee ones grow up, you'll find more time for laughing and letting go.
    Thanks for your post!
    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being silly,for me,is making memories.
    Times that kids will remember, things that are out of the ordaniary. Could be making faces, taking silly pictures,water fights (outdoors or in!),or rolling around in the grass... something out of the ordaniary.
    Memory makeing actions.

    Great post. You always come up with the most interesting ideas. Gets me thinkning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Christine! I think its more about being willing to put on a jazzy song and dance with your kids, or dig in the sandbox, or play babies, or go for a bike ride.

    I'm not big on silly either, but I do love to laugh and have fun with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...