Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mitzi's Banana Bread

. . . . . . . .


When my dear friend Mitzi gave me this recipe - years ago.  I knew it was a keeper.  It is the best banana bread I had ever tasted.  It became a great way to use up those banana's I kept throwing into the freezer - the ones that weren't going to get eaten in time. ;)

So.  You've got banana's galore?  Why not go ahead and make banana bread out of them?  Then, throw the loaves into the freezer and pull a loaf out when needed for that "unexpected moment" of spontaneous company and practicing hospitality?  Eh?   Then again., you already do this...don't you?



~Mitzi's Banana Bread~
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1 cup mashed banana's (equals 2 cups)
1/2 cup (non-fat) sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Beat sugar and oil together; add other wet ingredients.  Mix dry ingredients separately, then add to wet batter...mixing together just until moist.  Pour into a greased and floured (I use granulated sugar) loaf pan.

Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes, take out of pan and cool on wire rack.

Yield:  Makes one loaf.

. . . . . .
I love my friend and miss her so much. 

** Here's to thinking of you, Mitzi.  Thank you for sharing this recipe with me, back there on Green St.  You should see what this recipe card looks like.  ;)

I hope you're having a wonderful day birthday  ;) and I sure wish you would (or could) drink coffee.  I also wish you didn't live so far away and were here for a random, spontaneous visit, you know?  ((hugs)).

8 comments:

  1. Yum!! The recipe looks delicious~~how much flour should it have? I think you might have missed that. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the amazing part!!

    No, I'm joking.

    Thanks for catching that, Nancy. I fixed it. And Nancy... you do realize that by leaving this comment today - it puts you in the drawing a second time...for my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. many bananas in my freezer need baking! looks like this one is a winner! your giveaway looks great! i'll tell my friends! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Bev! Thank you so much for this beautiful post. I love you so much, my sister!

    (you know, Joanne Spillman is the one that deserves the credit for the Ban bread).

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM! We love banana bread here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to comment yesterday, Bevy, but my computer wouldn't let me!! Ahhh, the smell of baking banana bread, then the taste of a big slice smothered with butter, or even honey butter. YUM! Now I need to make some! Love ya, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. So your secret ingredient is sour cream?!
    Going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we love banana bread too.

    their is something about your photos that makes me feel like i'm almost sitting down having some.

    I feel your heart in this post with your friend. its so hard when you've had a good friend move away, or even a blogging friend you've met and you live far away and the only ways to communicate is by internet and phone. As much as I love my blogging and internet, their is nothing like having a friend over...

    what a sweet way for you to honor your friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...