Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

{yuletide carols} Preparing...

. ... .. ... ... ... .. .. .. .. . ... .. .. .. .. ... .. .. .... .

Hello December -
Hello Friends.

This month I would like to prepare my heart room for the beauty of the season.  Christmas is coming at a high rate of speed; its just a few short weeks away.  I'm not nearly as busy - at least, according to my calendar - as I was last year...but, busy enough.  Albeit to say, I'm sure the "business" will find it's way in.  

The verse above describes, in prayer, my thoughts, for myself, this holiday season.  
I just want to know HIM more..fuller, richer, deeper.

I was trying to think how I might keep blogging simple, as well, and yet still celebrate (with you! as readers) in the true beauty of Christmas.  I thought...I love {Yuletide} Carols... I have fond memories of Christmas caroling..

So, that said,  I think I'll just be posting random carols (probably just the lyrics) in either bits and pieces or in full...over this month of December, perhaps with a few other thoughts/quotes, and photos in between.  Maybe I'll even sprinkle in a few holiday recipes, as well.  Seasonal - of course!
I'm sure some of you will enjoy that!

I'm sure there will be another Daybook Post, for December and at least one more
Mugs & Muffins for the year!

So - one way you can join in here is to leave me, in the comments, one or two of your favorite carols..I would love to hear from you!!  I'm sure you'll all be picking many of my favorites - but please come back and "listen in"/read along, for your favorite carol..
***
And, here is one to help get us going..

Caroling, caroling, now we go
Christmas bells are ringing
Caroling, caroling thru the snow
Christmas bells are ringing
Joyous voices sweet and clear
Sing the sad of heart to cheer
Ding dong, ding dong
Christmas bells are ringing

Caroling, caroling thru the town
Christmas bells are ringing
Caroling, caroling up and down
Christmas bells are ringing
Mark ye well the song we sing
Gladsome tidings now we bring
Ding dong, ding dong
Christmas bells are ringing!

Caroling, caroling, near and far
Christmas bells are ringing
Following, following yonder star
Christmas bells are ringing
Sing we all this happy morn
"Lo, the King of heav'n is born!"
Ding dong, ding dong
Christmas bells are ringing

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea!! O Come O Come Emmanuel and O Holy Night are two favorites... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. My favorite Christmas carol is Joy to the World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to get the Christmas Spirit going.... "Do You Hear What I Hear "..... love this one... and "Oh Come All Ye Faithful".... Have a wonderful day Bevy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bevy, I love that photo and verse at the top!
    I love carols...Silent Night. Swoon.

    Have a beautiful week, Bevy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "Silent Night" so much, I sang it to my children as a bedtime song, as they were growing up.
    I'm still not tired of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is going to be fun!.....I love
    the words of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
    and "What Child Is This".
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great and lovely idea - I'm enjoying it so far, keep 'em coming!!! I'm bummed that I missed your give-away - I read the post but I was sick and wasn't up to leaving a comment - ah well...next time maybe! I'm also in love with your photos for these carol themed posts!! And your family photo - ADORE!!! We did ours too this past weekend - imagine that! ;) Blessings friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a sweet idea and I enjoyed caroling with you this morning;-)

    ALL of your photos are nostalgic and lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...