Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Five Minute Friday :: Dear...

... .. .... ... ... .. .. .. .... .. ... .. .... .. .... . .
The five-minute-friday word prompt is Dear...
I thought to write a letter.

Dear Innkeeper, of Bethlehem,

Just wanted to drop you a note to say thanks!
I know you don't know me from Adam - but, I saw what happened last night.  I watched what unfolded...you were amazing.

Tired and exhausted, yourself, I'm sure, from wrangling these pressing crowds through here this week...but... seriously... I saw when that tall, strong yet weary looking man knocked on your door last night.  His wife - beside him- on that too-small-a-beast - she too, looked the part.  Uncomfortable and tired - like she was about to give birth or something.  I couldn't exactly tell...

I was surprised - that you even opened your door.


I've been following them for awhile; noticing their gentle, urgent determination to find shelter and it seemed like every door they knocked on - they were either turned away or folks didn't even bother to answer..
But. You.  You answered their knock..
You opened your door!
You took them in!
You smiled.
You gave.
Even if it was the only place left.

Your dirtiest and dingiest... the least expected.

I'm sure there were no complaints... at all!!

You do realize that, that one single act of grace and goodness, on your part, led to quite a stir last night, right?

Then, there was this singing last night, LOUD SINGING...did you hear it?  I thought I was dreaming...apparently not.  Because earlier today, and this is what prompted me to write this letter... while talking to a passel of rough-looking, red-eyed shepherds, this morning, who obviously got little to no sleep; they said that they encountered a host of angels during the night - telling them about this baby born last night down there in your stable... where does that come from?  Who gets angels singing - announcing their birth?  Must be something special... Someone extra special.

It certainly is all the buzz of the marketplace...oh, and there was something, too... about stars being extra bright!  One really big one... I couldn't tell you, I missed it.

These shepherds said they had to go see this baby for themselves.  Can you imagine that?  Guess, I don't blame them..

I just can't believe they're still talking about it, as in all daaay long - to everyone they meet!!  It's like they're worshipping this Christ-child.  At least, that's what they were calling this baby...

All I can say if it wasn't for you - Innkeeper! - there might not have been any real excitement to ponder or news to joy in - in this crazy, busy, overwhelmed-with-people town last night!
Well.... not that there isn't exciting stuff constantly going on around here... it's just that - this is different!  Can I say - life changing?  I don't know, if that's even possible... its just something I've been thinking about.  Anyway...

Thank you for letting me ramble on so...I really appreciate it.
I'm just so curious, myself, as to Who and what this is all about.  

Babies equate gifts. I just don't really have one to bring... but maybe, maybe I'll just have to bring myself.  I'm sure that'll be enough..

Again, thank you!! Thanks for taking time...

Signed Sincerely,
Your fellow-townsman, a.k.a.
One-of-the-crowd

PS:  Last minute thought, here.  If you can take a moment, find a way, from your busy day, would you like to go with me?  To see this here Christ-child?  Perhaps; bring your family...your friends.
Let's not be strangers...anymore.  Neither to each other, nor to Him!

***
Taking liberty to go beyond writing for five minutes, today!  Until next time... have a Blessed weekend!
Joining up with Kate M. at Heading Home for Five Minute Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Is that an original work from Bevy ? GREAT idea and so wonderful!

    LOVE you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word... what a blessing it would be to have witnessed this.... I have to tell ya Bevy GOOD, no GREAT Post... this would be a wonderful gift to share in Christmas cards... LOVELY.... BLessed today for sure.... hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for my first present of the season. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this, wonderfully done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bevy,
    This was priceless! I loved it and I love your heart for sharing. You are gifted in your story telling and I always appreciate the time and care you put into writing your posts and comments.
    Thank you. I know that everyone who reads this will be blessed by you.
    Love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You write, Girl! That was written so wonderfully thoughtful, and so YOU! Great job, my Friend!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...