Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Five Minute Friday :: Prepare

. ... ... ... ... . .... .... .. .... ... .... .. .. .... .. . .. .
Joining up with Five Minute Friday - and today's prompt is: Prepare.
***
Oh hello!  Remember me?  I am known as just 'One-of-the-crowd', here to share what happened that night as I went to pay a visit to the Christ-child... that first night!


I stand humbled in the serene of a world turned white.  The snow is falling.  Falling.  Biggest flakes I ever did see; like cotton.  They gather up and pile; all pillowy - as if they can add any more to my joy!  And, they do.

It's quiet - though not still.  My thoughts and these flakes conjure for my memory sake and I marvel as I recall the scene I encountered that night.  Almost as if I stumbled onto the most picturesque thing I ever did see; amidst the dusty and dark.

It was there.  This pure, white glow, reminding me of snow.  Surrounding them - maybe it came from the steaming of breath of all the livestock gathered there.  But nothing ... nothing more... was truer than this.  My world was turned upside down and inside out; swirling, twirling just like it was now, at the mere sight of this. This baby!

I think back to that moment.  The Child's Mother - bending low.  Her voice barely audible as she bid me come.

Closer!

She picked up her son and held him close to her bosom.  Escaping her lips and into his ear, these words that so impressed my heart and mind... 'my precious, little lamb'.

Did she just say 'lamb'?  I swallowed hard... I didn't understand.

I shuffled over to kneel beside her...sitting in the silence.  Nary the bleating of sheep nor lowing of cattle seemed out of place, here. Neither, the slight snore of the bone-weary man off in the corner. Except for me! I began to feel a slight imposition.  My own admission, of course... I wasn't really meant to be part of this... this picture.  Was I?

Why was I there?  I remembered distinctly the imposturous feeling sweep over me.  Yet, the longing to stay was surreal.  The glance from Mary's sweet face; gentle and mild, convinced me, pleaded with me, that to be in HIS presence was all that I needed, and, all I wanted to know.

Nothing could prepare me for what happened next...
__

I  remember stepping outdoors to catch my breath!  There was this impeccable stillness. Incredible - Peace on Earth!  The snow had hushed its quiet-fury and settled into all the deep and dark.  Bringing with it a much needed definition.  My mind still graveling to grasp the significance of this wondrous story that Mary had just shared with me in that quiet night of meeting.

I too... treasured up and pondered... this Miracle-birth!  My heart.. could now... fully and willingly prepare Him room!

***
Joining up, today, with Kate from Heading Home and the FMF link-up.  
Today's word prompt was: Prepare

Have yourself a wonderful weekend!

Until next time....

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog title - that bit of scripture sticks with me every time. Your manger scene is beautifully rendered. What a wonderful way to remember while we prepare Him room. Popping by from FMF. Have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Just so full of peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, how our hearts and minds flutter and tumble like snowflakes when we realise what has happend in the coming of that Baby! Lovely words. Am joining you from the #fmfparty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post. Thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you and have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...