Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Song and Supper {Great is Thy Faithfulness}

.. .... ..... .... ... ... .. . ... .... ... ...... .. .. .. . . . . 
Keeping in step with my last post - I just have a simple song to share with you.  One that has been on replay in my heart and on my tongue for the past couple of days.
I wish I had more to offer... unless it is supper!!
And, I know there are folks out there who don't mind a dinner idea every now and then.  Am I right?

But.. this is simply where my heart resides.  In the midst of His faithfulness.

Listen carefully... as Fernando Ortega sings.



***
As far as a hot supper meal?
How about Ham and Bean Soup with a side of cornbread.


There really is no particular recipe - just a little of this and a little of that.  Here is the basic idea.

Progresso's Tuscan Chicken Broth - the whole thing of like 16 oz.
can of red Kidney beans (drained)
can of white Kidney beans (drained)
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 carrots, small dices
celery, diced
handful of dried parsley
smoked ham (with some bone) pieces (leftover from another meal...)

Let simmer, all together, for a couple of hours.  Scoop out the ham bone... and serve with a side of cornbread.  ENJOY!!

It looks pretty, doesn't it?  Well, it tastes even better - especially when everyone is hungry and it's a cold night out doors

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ortega!!!

    Isn't He faithful though! My favorite line of this hymn had always been "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow". Strength for what ever today brings and hope - no BRIGHT hope - for what tomorrow holds. And it all - all of it - comes from His faithfulness (not ours). It is a character of God and HE NEVER CHANGES!!! So strength and hope come from the unchanging character of faithfulness in our all mighty God. Unfailing.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a great song with one of my favorite soups--you can't eat it without cornbread! It goes together, like His Faithfulness goes with our weakness. In a wonderful way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fernando Ortega is one of my favorites. Love the song. The bean soup looks and sounds amazing. It has been cold even here in Florida… and that sounds especially good right now. I would love to come for dinner; but since I can't get there, I will have to make this. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...