Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

{day 10} Whispers of the Heart :: ready

. .. .... .. ... .... . .. .. ... . ... .. . ... .. ... .. ... .. . .. . . . . .
Come on, girlies!!  It's time to wake up...

The alarm had sounded nearly an hour ago and I was ready to get this day started.  I wanted to let them sleep in as long as possible -  in order to have a more restful day.  I hope it helped, but - now?  Now, it was time to get up and to get going.

Where to, you ask?

Oh, just our favorite place of all - to do our monthly grocery shop!!
a.k.a. Lancaster Co.!!

We're finally ready, out the door and on our way.
There's singing and laughter from two giddy little gals in the back seat.

Pulling from our kids devotional the night before, we got to talking about heaven versus taking a fun road trip with an awesome destination, at the end...
We got to talking about Heaven!  
You know being ready and all for when Jesus comes to take us home. And, how wonderful of a place that will be!!
 I wondered, out loud, if we could grow in our excitement about going HOME!! as compared to our going other places.

In all honesty.  My little ones couldn't comprehend that there definitely could be any place better...
but, there is!!


**These are photos from a trip we took last year - I think.  But... this really happened today!

And... honestly!!  Sometimes I struggle with this, too.  Life is pretty good - down here on earth - sometimes, too good. But.. I know (by reading HIS WORD! and we can trust him on this one...) that there is a pretty special place waiting for us.
 And, whether I can truly imagine it or not... I'm ready!

I am ready to go - whenever He calls.  Amen.

Lord - help me keep my gaze on you.  This life is fleeting fast.  It's temporal.  Soon to be over.  
Heaven is our real home!!  May my desire for there penetrate and make impact on my girls and the rest of my family... who may either be too little to fully comprehend or to busy to care...
Oh Lord... have mercy on us while we're still here on this earth.  And, may the desires of this world pass us by.  That our hearts would desire only You!!!


How about you?  Are you ready to go - when He calls?  If you knew this day would be your last -  how would you live out this day...?
****

Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes!! I am more ready than ever since one of our treasures is there!! How precious it is to know that the Lord will call us HOME in His perfect timing. Your girlies are beauties. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but admire the idea of grocery shopping in the monthly fashion... working towards that... I love the photo of your girls, so cute... Home here on earth is a wonderful place, but Home in Heaven has to marvelous... to see the ones that have gone before us, and to sit and just talk to Jesus has to be amazing.. I am Ready too... Such a wonderful topic to think about...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...