Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, October 26, 2015

{day 26} Whispers from the Heart! :: honor

. .. .. . ... . .. . .... . .. . .. .. . .. .. .. ... . . . . . .
Today's prompt originally was to be the word - whisper - and you might remember, that I opted to switch it around, from last week, to use this word prompt, instead.  Honor.  Just a head's up.
***
I felt this word suited much better for today.  Being's that the prompt is "honor"... 
What a day to honor the love of my life.


Happy Birthday Scott!

This man.

He's my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye.

I read that somewhere and thought- how true!!

He's hardworking.
Committed.
He's generous.
He's a family man.
He cares deeply.

A passionate soul.
Passionate as a Christ-follower
and growing.
Passionate as a husband,
as a father,
as a friend.
A leader as well as a servant.

He's a thankful man.
An example of what an overcomer looks like.

He's not perfect, nor never will be.
He has regrets - and who doesn't?


Easy to laugh.
(I love his laugh, and his contagious smile)
Yet, this man can be very serious.

Sometimes a mystery.
Oh, but a handsome one - at that.

I'm proud of my man.
And, I'm blessed to be the one walking by his side.


I love you, honey.
Happy Birthday!

love, me


Gracious Heavenly Father...
Thank you for your sovereignty in bringing us two together... in such ways unanticipated.
Thank you for all these aspects of Scott that make him to be such a wonderful gift to me and to our family.  I hope and pray that he feels honored and blessed especially today, here, on his birthday.
In your kindness, Lord....
Help us to continue to grow together to lead, guide and shepherd our family.  And the same is true for our marriage... that it would grow stronger and stronger on a daily basis.
Life is too short to take anyone for granted.  Help us to put those moments aside and seek out and show appreciation to and to be thankful for one another, for all that we mean to each other.
Amen
How about you?  Who might you be able to honor, today?



****
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page, daily, so that you will not miss an entry.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!!! He does have a great laugh and smile, you're right!! Blessings to him this day and for the year!! Love to you all!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Hubby... and what a way to honor you... Great post Bevy... Enjoy this day with him...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...