Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

{day 3} Whispers of the Heart :: capture

.. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. . .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. . .. ... . . . .. .


The rain beats hard on the window and grabs my attention.  I like the sound of it falling on our tin porch roof and perhaps that it was I really think about it.

This is one of those days - where and when you know a storm is coming!!  More than just because the raindrops are falling hard - on the windowpane.
But... the "beat-to-the-drum" noise... inside the house is nonstop.
Kids are running - wild.  Busy and in trouble-ish. :)  There is fussing and unrest and no one can really solve or settle it.  lol!
My mama always said a storm must be coming - with everyone's shenanigans.   I agree and say it too!

Lord, is this way it seems to you - at times?  Do you ever feel the swell of angst rise up with your heart as you watch your children be so unsettled; so full of "unrest"?  Do you ever want to yell out and stop it all... forever?

How are you so patient?  So merciful?  So kind?
I know that day is coming when judgement will prevail...

I stand amazed by the window of your mercy-house.  I want to remain captured by your grace that continually rains down...  May it flood my soul... a fresh!!
Thank you LORD - again!- for your mercies that are new every morning!!  Great is your faithfulness.

How about you?
Do you know this grace that rains down?  You can.  There is rest and refreshment for a weary soul.  When was the last time you stood longing, waiting to receive?

***

Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.

3 comments:

  1. Great Post Bevy, not much to say on this one... I am super tired so on that note, I ask... for everyone to remember the family's facing the storm on the east coast.. and all the rain, plus remember the family's of the horrific shooting in Oregon.. Both of these are storms that I would hope that no one would every have to face... Have a wonderful Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm praying with you - on these two areas. Grateful that the hurricane forecast for our area has changed and it's gone on out to sea... but... the storms of pain and loss and all that that entails isn't not an easy walk through. I do lift up these families whose hearts are broken and sad.

      Delete
  2. I never thought about kids antics and a storm coming...I'm going to watch for that from now on! Test your 'theory'! ;) And your payer here is just beautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...