Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, October 30, 2015

{day 30} Whispers of the Heart! :: five minute friday | bacon

. .. ... .. . .. .. .. . .. ..... . .. .. .. .. . ... .. .. . .  ..
I'll admit my first reaction to this word-prompt for today was - WHAT?!??!?!  Bacon?
But.. my second thought immediately went to to the word - provision.  And, that is what I'd like to focus on today.
***

The sounds and smells of breakfast - cooking first thing in the morning - is a call!  It draws folks from all corners of the room.  Why, who can deny the taste of crispy, salty and flavor-full bites of bacon?  Some can. But, not all... and certainly, not me!
 I enjoy it.
I'll even say... "with a side of bacon, please and could you make that extra crispy - if you don't mind"?

Specific in my requests, aren't I?

I got to thinking about our finances and my hard-working husband with his daily diligence in and of "bringing home the bacon".  A right and privilege that he doesn't take lightly.  But, the why and because he can do this... is only because of God our Heavenly Father  - who provides all things.
While we are blessed that my husband has a steady job... the "bacon" amount... it's (usually) always the same -  yet still some months the budget will say otherwise.  One month could be on the slim side and not much can be rendered... another month could show it to be a "fatter" - full of opportunity - where we can do more things with it.
No matter the case... it - again - is ALL because of God's provision to our family and how we plan to manage or steward the gifts he gives.

His provision is always enough.  All of it - is grace!

I know this isn't the same - across the board - for everyone.  And, honestly, we've been through some VERY lean seasons, financially, ourselves.  Yet - in those times, were very convicted to still give back to God - of our firstfruits (tithe) and through that we have seen the bounty of God's provision in ways we could have never imagined.  Those were trying times and a test of true obedience - on our part.

Humbling times, too!

We could have gotten very specific in our requests to God - almost in demand -like fashion - to change those lean months and years, but, honestly, I believe he provided more than we'll ever know.  In ways we still can't even imagine how.
Again, his provision is always enough.  All of it - is grace!!

Lord, obtaining and managing and accounting for and of finances is hard.  Some more so than for others.  Yet, your ways of meeting needs astounds me.  You provide in ways unimaginable sometimes.  You supply income and give us insight on how to steward that - responsibly.  And, it's challenging.  Help us to hold onto this - loosely - yet, sensibly and securely.  Not allowing the "amounts" to dictate our praise.  We humbly want to obey and share and appreciate the value of what your provision means in our lives...

Finances are such a personal thing. I know. 

How about you?  Are there times of plenty and times of want - in your life?  Don't answer that.  My prayer for you is that you would see it all - as a means of grace and that you would know in your heart of hearts how the "bacon" suits your taste. :)

****
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page, daily, so that you will not miss an entry.

Linking with Kate Motaung for Five Minute Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday to say hi!

    Beautifully put my friend! I like your analogy of bacon being provision. Christ's provision is always savory and meets the exact need we have even when we think our needs are different than what is provided. Loved your words!

    Have a great day!
    Brandi (@Fitzysmom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BACON too, but I can't do the crispy... I like mine done, but chewy... and its funny because my son loves, chewy Bacon, my daughter loves extra crispy... Hubby either /or... Now for the other type of BACON... isn't it funny how if we look back and see those LEAN days, of all the life learning we gathered.. and to use forward.. I think also about those that have WAY MORE than MOST and still don't get it.. I am thankful for the lean days of my life, (wasn't at the time) but GOD provides all we need if we just trust him... He wants what is best for each of us, I truly believe that but that doesn't mean we won't have struggles.. I find struggles humbling, puts life into focus, draws me closer to him... and in all honesty, sometimes we just don't need the wants that we want... This was good BEVY... Its super chilly here in Ky today, I am so ready for summer again, and fall isn't even in full swing, then winter, then spring, oh my what is a summer girl to do... STAY INDOORS... (not really but you can bet your boots, I will be bundled up).... LOL... Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...