Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

{day 4} Whispers from the Heart :: embrace

. .. ... ... . ... .. .. .... .. ... .. .... . ... . .. . ... . . .
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. 
~ Proverbs 31:25

So... changes come into our lives... sometimes anticipated, sometimes not.  If you're anything like me. We don't do change very well, do we? Especially the unanticipated.  I'm growing in this area - of embracing change - but, it's taken me awhile to appreciate it coming and be willing to go with it.

When you have to come to terms with a sudden life altering change - such as illness, or family matters and concerns that really rattle or even just the little changes of routine and regularity. Sometimes in the spin of the merry-go-round, I don't know about you, but for me... I just want to bail.  And, bail fast.

The verse I shared above, from Proverbs, is one I've thought about immensely... in times of myself facing changes. Rather than fleeing and fighting against a change I've learned to embrace them.

This is a prayer I've prayed countless times...

Clothe my heart, Oh LORD, with strength and dignity... I'm so afraid of change and facing these new challenges.  Allow me to feel your power, courage and strength.  To take on and go forward with new experiences.  Help me, Lord, to take "risks" and to enjoy each new experience... knowing it is a total growing process.

There will be no fear in my heart.  I can laugh at the days to come.  I can do all things through YOU - who gives me strength...

How about you?
Do you struggle to embrace change?  What has helped you walk through - the changes and challenges that life brings your way?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

***
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.



3 comments:

  1. Bevy, I think most of us all fear change, unless someone is a person who lives life on the edge. I have had to face many changes over the last 3 years, and I have struggled, Millions of tears shed, and just sad... but I am happy to say I have finally adjusted to my boy being 1700 miles away, he seems to have grown up some.. and seems happy in his job.. Him and I went thru a phase where I knew he loved me because I was his Mom but I felt he didn't like me, us... Its funny now though, because through all of it... I stayed constant in his life even if it was a text he did not answer... A simple I love you, miss you, always here for you goes such a long way when your child leaves home.. Its paying off... He is responding to us more, he calls more... and I know without a shadow of a doubt he knows we have his back, and love him to his core.. Change for him was exciting, but I could hear the fear sometimes... but I stayed positive, kept him positive and that time moved forward.. One thing he is learning as well as I, that without God leading our life, Change is super hard but if only we lean in to him with our concerns and ideas about whats changing, then all will turn out good... we just take it to him and leave it there... if its meant to be then thats where it stays, if not then we move on... and Thank God for always knowing what is best for us... Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change has been in my vocabulary daily since June. Our whole lives have been a whirlwind since then. I am a creature of habit and don't do well with change. Even in those small things you suggested such as routine. I'm learning to Let Go and Let God! Really there is really no ther option if I believe Hecis the author and finisher of my faith! Prayer, fasting, journaling, and being thankful helps me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me, I'm a go with the flow kind of gal and so change doesn't rattle me...too often! There are times, though, when it does and so I have to remember to lean on and trust in God and that He knows what's best....I guess I don't mind change when I'm in control...but outside of that...I just might bail along with you off that merry-go-round! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...