Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

{day 7} Whispers of the Heart :: love

. .. .. ... .. .... . .. .. .. . .. .. ... . ... .. .. .. . . . . ..
You will find that as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.  ~ Henry Drummond

Early one morning.. my youngest and I, strolling through the yard, after getting the other two on the bus, stumbled across this wild strawberry patch - my daughter ready to pluck and eat she was so excited!!  Now, I don't know about you - but this was a surprise for us!  Who would have thought in the first week of October - that we'd find these berries?
It made us delight, that's for sure!!   :)
Running indoors to grab the camera.. in hopes to capture our moment of surprise a little more firmly,  this felt like a little love-moment from above.  If you know what I mean.
And... honestly.  It doesn't take much to make my youngest and I delight in the simplest of measures.  I love it that she - at fours years of age - begins to notice things - to bring them to my attention, or anyones else's for that matter, even before I do.  I love that!!

Going off the above quote.  It's kinda like when you're not really trying to do or to be; to impress or to bless and you just do - because you sincerely love.

I get that.
God does this for us!!  All of the time.
Like how when in the middle of nowhere pops a surprise moment of truth and a random act of love happens.  It's on display for all to see...
No one was really looking for it to happen... but there it is.  You lived.  You loved.

Love is wild like this.

Gracious Heavenly Father, thank you for little moments of slowing down - enough to live and enjoy - little moments.  First with my daughter.  But, secondly to be in a constant state-of-surprise of over the simplest of blessings you show throughout the day...

Your love is amazing!!
How about you?  Are you surprised by God and his constant little motions of love he sends our way?
***
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.

2 comments:

  1. I am always in awe of what God can do, give, show and etc... I know I need him daily, and I am so thankful that he is always there.. and that is how I know he loves me.. So many times, I have I really didn't want to go somewhere, or do something, and that is when I got the biggest blessing.. and I can recall those moments exactly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have before I really should have been left out... too late for me... lol

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...