Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

{day 8} Whispers of the Heart :: purple

. .. .... .. . .. .. .. .... . .. . .. .. .. . . . ... . .. ... .. . . .. . . .. . 
In first grade, Mr. Lohr said my purple wasn't realistic enough, that purple was no color for a tent, that purple was for people who died, that my drawing wasn't good enough to hang with the others.  I walked back to my my seat counting the swish-swishes of my baggy corduroy trousers.  With a black crayon, nightfall came to my purple tent in the middle of the afternoon.
In second grade, Mr. Bara said, "Draw anything."  He didn't care what.  I left my paper blank, and when he came around to my desk, my heart beat like a tom-tom while he touched my head with his big hand and in a soft voice said, "The snowfall.  How clean and white and beautiful."
Every child is an artist,  The problem is how to remain an artist when he grows up.  ~ Pablo Picasso
Write
How often do the words we hear - really leave an impact?  I would venture to say, all of the time.
Yet, I forget.  I myself have heard many.
Both positive and not-so-positive.
They've all rooted.  And, yet somehow I still forget the impact.

This story of Picasso was discovered in a book I've been reading - having to do with raising your family and while I think it proves a good point...in how his art was received as a child.  His ending comment, proves he didn't let the first teacher take him down.  It also proves the second teacher built him up.
Couldn't this very well be taken as it relates to the written word, as well?   In particular, how this plays out for me is that my kids and my spouse will hear me speak words to their souls that only builds them up.  I know they'll get the ones that tear down, as well, because I'm human and for those - I'm so sorry.

If your reading here.  My prayer is that you find encouragement and hope!

What matters with the words you and I say and the words we write... is that we ultimately care about the audience of ONE!

Unfortunately, I don't always remember that either.  So, when we sing this song at church - I sing it as yet another prayer of mine.... take a listen!





How about you?  Are you and I in the same boat?  I hope I'm not alone in this struggle... of failing to speak life and hope more than I do!  I want to speak encouraging words that build up and bless.  So, I humbly ask you for your prayers on this one and I in turn will keep you in prayer, as well.

Your thoughts, please?


***
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.



Linking this post with Finding the Grace Within and the Tuesday @ Ten link-up!  Tuesday @ Ten's prompt was : write


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel like I am too much of an over encourager... but I have been on the other side where I was constantly told, and was made to feel like I could do nothing... I think at least for me that all of us just have to own our own life... No matter what we must listen to our instincts, think before we speak and always remember that the person trying to knock us down may just be having a moment... and then when we do get the Good side of encouragement then we are aware enough to show gratitude towards that person or people.. I believe God places people in our paths to help us learn, to teach us but it really is up to us of what we do with it all.. My biggest struggle has always been that I feel I need to please everyone... and more times than not it made my life, days and just myself miserable which in turn made a me a grumpy mama, wife, friend etc... SO I pick, I choose and I think before I ever say yes, or offer advice... or say anything.. Words are so powerful GOOD and BAD...and I know I still fail but I honestly try to give it my all... Prayers are still welcome, and I will be praying for all of you as well...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...